We have used Sears for over 40years. We will never set foot in their stores again!

Both times purchased items requiring delivery and the use of sub-contractors, Sears sided with the subs when the jobs were messes up. As long as the sub doesn't harm the Sears product, they can tear anything else up and Sears takes their side and you're left with the repair bill. Our last experience we purchased a new refrigerator to replace a smaller side by side that was in excellent condition that we were going to put in our rental. Sub delivered new larger refrigerator perfect but they tore up the handles of our refrigerator, broke the ice and water selector button, put deep scratch in door and deep scratches in our newly painted door frame.

We repaired everything but the in door water wouldn't shut off. Complained to Sears. They sided with the contractor and basically called us liars!

The repair was less than $100.00! We've spent many many thousands of dollars at Sears - never another penny.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 27, 2011.

Comments

nikalseyn

I learned many years ago to not buy anything at Sears. I now go to Lowes for appliances because they treat me good and have free delivery.

The next day, even. The Sears I knew from decades ago no longer exists.