With Company response

I was in Sears at Waterford, CT buying some tools and the sales associate attempted to ring me out through his Ipad. After I signed the Ipad for the purchase he stated that it "froze" and then started ringing me out on the register. I said "Hold on a second, I signed for that purchase and I want a void receipt before I sign for another." He stated that the first one did not go through and I would absolutely not be charged twice. I asked for a void receipt again and he said he was unable to provide one and reassured me that I would not be charged twice. I left the store with the purchase and drove 30 minutes home. A few days later I check my credit card and there it is: two charges for $165 each.

I then called the store at Waterford and seemed to be transferred to someone that might not have even been at the store but at a call center. I explained the predicament and she was utterly unhelpful. She said the only way they could help me was for me to travel back to the store (half hour of time and gas each way) and deal with a manager there. I asked if I could do anything via phone (because I live far away) and she flatly refused. I explained that I would make the trip but if I had to it would be my last shopping experience with Sears. She promptly hung up on me when I said that. (I was actually quite calm in dealing with her, I was not yelling or rude.) I couldn't believe the poor service.

I am going to the retail location today to attempt to get the charge reversed, and I sincerely hope they offer me credit towards the purchase price to compensate me for the gas and time wasted going back there.

With so many online options to buy retail products and the easiness of walking into a box store like Home Depot or Lowes to buy tools, I am very surprised that I have had to deal with this poor service from the store to the telephone. When the girl hung up on me it really sealed the deal that Sears is no longer a shopping option for me.

To make things worse, I went there to get Craftsman tools which I discovered (upon coming home) are now made in China. I would have gone to the Depot if I wanted offshore garbage.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765507

You are laboring under the misapprehension that Sears now is the old Sears you USED to deal with. They are a whole different animal now. Lambert, the CEO of Sears holdings is 2.8 billion dollars in debt. I feel certain they will not offer you gas money for your trouble. You will be lucky to get your double charge money back to be honest. I am wondering if this guy we the I-pad didn't pocket your first 165.99 charge.

They no longer stand behind their products and customer service is nil as well.

They will probably try to accuse you of taking the tools and not paying for them so they can keep your money. Good luck in getting it back.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Kurt and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the difficulties you have experienced with being double charged on your recent order. We can truly understand how frustrating it can be with having to wait for a credit to be reveresed. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure this matter is addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (Anonymous464070), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Kurt M.