With Company response

Trusting the Sears name, I contacted Sears Home services to clean my air ducts.When making the appointment I apprised the CSR of the vent count, to which he gave me a price.

After the technicians arrived 2 of them asked to use the restroom to which I obliged. After the service was completed, the technician then charged $120.00 over the price that I was quoted. I informed the tech of the price difference to which he attributed to a CSR error and informed me that I needed to call the company for a refund.

After the technicians left I discovered that the technicians that used my restroom had left *** in the toilet and on the toilet seat, had left the dirt from the vents for me to clean up. After climbing on a ladder and checking the ducts I discovered that the vents were not clean.

I took a picture of the amount of dust in the ducts and forwarded the picture to Sears.

Since the "cleaning", I have been trying to no avail to get Sears to refund my money for services not rendered.So far all I get is the run around with promises to have management return my call, which of course does not happen.

Comments

Recommend consumers visit the National Air Duct Cleaners Association.The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) is a not-for-profit trade association that serves the HVAC inspection, maintenance and restoration industry.

With more than 1,000 member companies from more than 20 countries, NADCA serves as the focal point of the global industry.For information about professional air duct cleaning and verification of membership of certified air duct cleaners, visit www.nadca.com

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Trent with Sears Cares Escalations team. We were sorry to hear about your experience with our duct cleaning team. Please be assured that what you have experienced, is definitely not the level of service we strive to provide our customers. We would like to offer our assistance in making sure this is resolved quickly and to your complete satisfaction. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at time of purchase, and screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Anonymous 402753), to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Trent A.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Lorton, Virginia, United States #641096

Trent,

I have contacted Sears Holding Corporation several times regarding this issue.I have also forwarded to SHC a picture of my still dirty air ducts.

Each time I call I am told that they are unable to help me as the Escalations Department does not handle home improvement complaints.

I am then told that I must contact Home Improvements in order to have my complaint resolved.When I contact the Home Improvement Department I receive the run around.

SearsCares
to Anonymous 402753 Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #641519
Sears Response

Anonymous 402753,

We understand you are very disappointed with us and we would like to assist you with your concerns. We do understand your skepticism and frustrations with your recent air duct cleaning. Our offer still stands and we would love the opportunity to speak with you to make things right. At your earliest convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the air duct cleaning was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous 402753) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.