1.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I've been a satisfied Sears customer for 40 years until now and here's why. I bought a gas stove Mod# 74233 in II/22/16 and had problems with the oven 3 times not getting up to cooking temperature.

I called the store that I bought it from in Ellsworth, Maine and the phone circus began. I called the service number and was greeted by a person with an accent very hard to understand who notified me that I would have to pay a service charge of $99 just to get a repairman to check the stove and then pay for parts and labor on top of that. For a "durable appliance" that should last for way longer than 1yr 3mos. I was pretty upset, warranty or not!

I've been on the phone and their "chat" for over an hour and figured I'd better give up because it's not worth a heart attack! So at my expense, I'd like to warn previously loyal, satisfied Sears customers to reconsider buying anything from Sears in the future given the rotten customer service and mediocre product I bought recently.

Now I understand why the "Sears Brand" is going down the tubes and it's not because of the economy...it's because of bad management! The stove was "on sale" when I bought it and trust me; there was no savings just a lot of grief!

Review about: Kenmore 74233 Range.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments