My mother bought a whirlpool upright freezer from Sears in Elizabethtown, KY with a five year warrantee in 2011. The freezer is not even a year old.

She has had to have it serviced 5 times from the time she bought it to this month. The door kept popping open and defrosting the food. She had to clean the freezer and throw the food away each time. She only reciever $275.00 for all the food lost.

I finally got involved this time and got them to replace the freezer. I was told that it was no longer available and that Mom need to go and pick a new one. An associatein the store in Elizabethtown said that if the warrantee place provided an authorization # taht they could have the new one there this Saturday. I called the warantee place and they said that they said that they could replace the freezer at the end of this month.

If I wanted it from the store, the manager had to call and agree to it. The warantee place stated that they talked to the manager and he refused. I then called the manager and now am awaiting a phone call from him. I am not happy about this.

For this last incident I have been on the phone with the sears store and sears waranttee for 3 days now and am very upset with them.

Never buy a large appliance from Sears as they do not follow through with their promises and do not wish to make the customer happy. They are only looking out for themselves.

Comments

arty

Hey, This is nothing new for Sears Warranty service. I have had to call three times to get parts for my zero turn mower and spent long periods of time on the phone.

They say they feel bad, but they don't have the problems, WE DO! Let's start a movement ......

to arty #1527858

Count me in for the movement. I hate Sears.