With Company response

Just called for the third repair appointment for a dryer less than 1 1/2 years old. The same problem every time.

Power to the unit but all control surfaces dead. No lights, no response from any button or dial. Can't start the machine. I was told that even with the full, extended warranty that I purchased only the repair guy can deem the unit a lemon and have it replaced and only AFTER the unit has been repaired 4 times in the same year!!

I had to wait TWO MONTHS for my last repair appointment. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Sears.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #591463

Almost sounds like a loose plug or clip in a wire harness leading to the controls. Or a fuse. Keep after them. You bought something from the same people you are waiting for repairs and can't use it.

Call the service dept. Ask to speak to a supervisor right away. Tell them your problem should be expedited.Take notes. You should be issued a service request number. Note date, time and who you spoke to.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous372666,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your dryer and our service. We understand the importance that the dryer plays in the family home and we would like to look further into what has happen surrounding this service order and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Anonymous372666) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.