1040 Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA
2.0

in 1999 i bought a Jenn-air down draft dual fuel stainless steel stove. I've continuously renewed the warranty all these years.

The door has had problems staying completely closed for years now.

the technicians kept replacing hinges, brackets, insulation and springs year after year until they finally agreed that it couldn't be properly fixed. now I've been going from store, to service, to installation and delivery, to benefits to get a comparable replacement (as it stated I'd get) under the warranty.

On Thursday 24 Jan. I thought I was getting my stove since the installation tech. called me Wednesday 23 Jan to verify that he would be there on Thursday (i was suppose to get a call from him on Monday (i was never given his number to try and call him when that didn't happen).

after calling around starting at 7am Thursday i found out by 9:30 that no one had the stove that the tech. said should be at my house. by 11:30 all my calls had done was verify that they wanted me to pay for "extra" installation because the comparable stove wouldn't hook up without an extra hold cut into my house. by 12:00 noon i got an automated call that the stove delivery was delayed (I took off from work for this) and by 1pm the sears store manager was calling me to say for $49.95 he could send a technician out to give me a better idea on how much it would cost me(!!!!) to get the stove they said was a comparable replacement installed.

This does not sound or act like the warranty that I was paying for for the last 18 years.

After finding this site to voice my complaint I can see why sears is going out of business. back in1999 I went to sears for the quality and service......I guess you cant depend on ethics in a company continuing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Master Protection Agreement Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: give me the price for a replacement JDS1750FR Jenn-Air range that i will pick up and have your tech. instal it. This comparable model will fit in with minimum or no alterations..

Sears Cons: Still waiting to resolve problem.

Comments