The shell on my left hearing aid broke in half as I was replacing the battery. I was informed by your representative that the repair woukd cost $399.

I realize that the warranty has expired Feb. 07 but I feel that the shell must have been flawed and that that amount is excessive.

I had always followed the instructions for maintenance and the representative had sent them back to you for check up and adjustment prior to warranty expiration.

In light of this I feel I should get some consideration regarding the amountcharge to have this repair.

Purchased at Sears Hearing Center in Melbourne, Fl.

Comments

West Simsbury, Connecticut, United States #1207208

super glue should not be used because you can't get it off if the hearing aid needs future repair. The top part of the hearing aid is what has to come off to fix inside of hearing aid.

I agree. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop crying all the time. Grow the *** up and be more careful.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #235678

I fixed my own using super glue. $1.29 and it worked great.

#212016

Sally, you don't know what youre talking about. These shell are like egg shells...very brittle.

If they could be made of a durable plastic, then we would never have to repair them. I've broken mine about 3 or 4 times and have paid the $350 twice. The first time I was careless...walking while inserting...dropping it and stepping on it. But two other times they broke simply by being dropped a short distance.

Yes, now I make sure to be extremely careful, but I really shouldn't need to be...WE CAN USE A BETTER MATERIAL TO MANUFACTURE HEARING AIDS PEOPLE! If not, please enlighten me. I paid $4,500 for two aids...because they have all the bells and whistles, but it's a rip-off because the people that sell these don't have the means and can't spend the amount of time necessary to take full advantage of the features. Add insult by charging me to fix them because they are made of cheap brittle plastic.

I actually had the technician bring in a boom box so we could listen to the music and adjust the music setting on the fly. The tech is a wonderful person, and she was blown away by the concept of doing this. She tried, but there's no way she could dial in the exact frequencies needed to produce the correct sound for my hearing. I'm a sound tech myself, and it's true this has something to do with my pickiness, but it's no less true that we would benefit greatly by having the ability to adjust the EQ settings ourselves...just like we do when we listen to music in our car or at home.

This will make me seem like a ***, but as soon as I FINALLY got one of my aids fixed ($350), I dropped the other on the counter...a 12" drop, and it shattered. The reason I checked this site is because I finally got the bright idea of trying to glue it myself. A missing hearing aid has a big impact on those of us who have hearing loss, especially psychologically. Someday we will be able to but aids for $50 and they can easily be adjusted using our PC's.

I've been using the same sony ear-buds for my music for over two years...$50...still going strong.

Somebody, please take interest in making millions by manufacturing affordable, durable hearing aids! Thanks

#212015

google hearing aid repair shops online..they should have prices quoted online much cheaper than 400 dollars...and, never shop at miracle ear again, they are the most overpriced dispensing network known with commission paid to their employees!!

I am in no way close enough to help you, but after reading about your problem, I just had to write. Having not seen the hearing aid I can't say for certain, but it sounds like your faceplate became detacted from the shell.

That is a simple task for any competent dispenser. I usually do this at no charge.

If the shell is truly broken, charges range from $250 to $450 or more depending on the company. Recasing means that the aid goes through a major part of the original manufacturing process.

HearSource.com would have repaired you aid for only $99.

www.hearsource.com

Alsip Judge a.k.a Alsip Magistrate -why the pseudonyms?

My husband's hearing aid broke into several pieces while he was removing it at night. From what i see of it, it is in the manufacturing.

They should last longer than 13 months. We purchased them at a Sears-Miracle Ear. So I think they shoud repair it at no cost to us. If not then I think they are a bunch of rip offs.

You can't get to see them unless you have an appointment, cause, they are trying to run to many stores at one time. Put a tec and a repair person at each location, so people will be able to get repairs when needed.

Center Hill, Florida, United States #52360

Please call me regarding you complaint and I will try and help you.

If the FACEPLATE merely separated from the shell, then I agree you were really overcharged. Most hearing aid offices simply glue the faceplate back together on a no-charge basis.

If the shell was actually broken, crushed, cracket,chewed-up,stepped on, or whatever, then an impression of the respective ear would have had to have been taken and a new shell made.

In any event, since you dealt with Miracle-Ear at a SEARS location, you have recourse.

You should have received an invoice or receipt explaining everything that was done.

Please call me at (800) 432-7114 and I'll help you resolve this situation at no cost to you.

Karori, Wellington, New Zealand #45990

:sigh Don't use so much excessive force next time. You broke it because you were careless. Now pay the $400 and stop crying :cry