Sears - Extremely Poor Customer Service

I ordered a patio bar set online and when I received my delivery receipt, it indicated that set-up and put in place was included with my order.However, when the item was delivered, they left the boxes on my floor.

When I called Sears and inquired about the set-up and put in place terminology on my delivery confirmation, I was told that it should have been set up so the representative scheduled a set up 3 days later. When the crew arrived, they told me that they could not set the item up. I talked to customer service again and was told that they would reschedule the set-up which they did for a few days later. When I called to check on the status of the set-up, I was told that it was scheduled and that I should receive a call with the two-hour window by 9pm.

I did not receive a call so I drove to the closest Sears the following morning and was told that they would file a customer complaint for me which they did. I was supposed to receive a response before 9pm that evening, which I never received. I made another call today to find out the status of the set-up which was then escalated to a Manager. I just got off the phone with the Manager and was offered $150.00 toward the $300.00 set-up fee.

Well, as much as I was looking forward to having this set on my deck, I told the Manager that's not acceptable given the fact that three Sears representatives told me that my item would be set-up and that they scheduled it three times but to no avail. It's about the principal and about owning up to your word and commitments which Sears did not do.

Therefore, I advised them to refund my money and make arrangements to pick the item up.I'll find something even better from a company that appreciates my business.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Patio Bar
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #609105 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.