Sears - Extremely Poor Customer Service
I ordered a patio bar set online and when I received my delivery receipt, it indicated that set-up and put in place was included with my order.However, when the item was delivered, they left the boxes on my floor.
When I called Sears and inquired about the set-up and put in place terminology on my delivery confirmation, I was told that it should have been set up so the representative scheduled a set up 3 days later. When the crew arrived, they told me that they could not set the item up. I talked to customer service again and was told that they would reschedule the set-up which they did for a few days later. When I called to check on the status of the set-up, I was told that it was scheduled and that I should receive a call with the two-hour window by 9pm.
I did not receive a call so I drove to the closest Sears the following morning and was told that they would file a customer complaint for me which they did. I was supposed to receive a response before 9pm that evening, which I never received. I made another call today to find out the status of the set-up which was then escalated to a Manager. I just got off the phone with the Manager and was offered $150.00 toward the $300.00 set-up fee.
Well, as much as I was looking forward to having this set on my deck, I told the Manager that's not acceptable given the fact that three Sears representatives told me that my item would be set-up and that they scheduled it three times but to no avail. It's about the principal and about owning up to your word and commitments which Sears did not do.
Therefore, I advised them to refund my money and make arrangements to pick the item up.I'll find something even better from a company that appreciates my business.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Patio Bar
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I took my electric Craftsman mower into the service center to be repaired. It was only 18 months old and was under a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I..."
- "On August 1st I was washing some sheets. The machine became unbalanced and instead of turning itself off, exploded, took out part of the wall, took out the dryer next..."
- "Sears Disappointment • May 21, 2012 Purchased Refrigerator Kenmore Bottom Freezer, Model 795.72033.111– o Total Price $1770.98 – $321 down-payment on 5/21/12 Final payment 6/1/12 o No Extended Warranty – Current Warranty states “For ten..."
- "A200 billion dollar a year tax fraud and violations of federal TAX laws,import fraud,counterfeit auto parts.TENS OF THOUSANDS of sellers with MILLIONS of garbage products.This YALLSTORE is one of over..."
- "The wig I received looks nothing like the picture. Its either a mistake or its deceptive, and after dealing with the laughable "customer service" at this company, I'm pretty sure..."
- "I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning. I..."
- "1990 Chickasha Dr. Pfafftown, NC 27040 October 27, 2016 Patient Relations Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157 To Whom It May Concern: Let me first say that I have almost..."
- "I actually had an ok experience. You HAVE to read the fine.print. You HAVE to read the ordering instructions... ALL of them. You HAVE to order WAY ahead of time..atleast a month before..."
- "I have been a Primus customer for about 8 months and read the bad reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. I can confirm the bad reviews, it..."