With Company response Not resolved

As many folks who have complained, I am a long time Sears customer purchasing many major items (Craftsman, Kenmore, etc.). And like many who have posted their complaints, my loyalty is forever damaged.

My scenario: My 5 year old Kenmore Elite dryer died. The serviceman said that it would take at least a week to get the part. Given the cost of the part, I opted to decline the repair and decided to purchase a new dryer. I went to Sears (what was I thinking?) and was told that a new Kenmore dryer is in stock and would be delivered the next day. On that basis, I purchased it and took the next day off from work. Yes, you guessed it the dryer never came. I spoke to both "1-800" customer service and the salesperson at the local store (Brookfield, WI) and received apologies and a token promised compensation of a $50 gift certificate (to be processed within 24 hours). Well, against my better judgment, I accepted and agreed to receive the dryer the next day (day "2"). Again, I took time off from work. Yes, you guessed it, it never came.

Fuming, I called "1-800" customer service. Boilerplate apologies with no indication of when it would be delivered. I spoke to the local store sales asst. manager and after half-a-dozen explanations, she promised to follow-up. She returned my call and said that the dryer will not be available for another 4 days! I asked to speak to the store manager. George the store manager said that he shares with my frustrations but he has no control on the delivery/operations processes. Hmm, you wonder why Sears is in trouble if they can't even coordinate simple logistics. Infuriated, I went in to Sears to get a refund. Before the refund was approved, another assistant manager intervened. He said that he has "pull" and promised to get it resolved and asked me to wait one more day. He promised to call no later than noon and if he can't solve it then he would compensate my lost time and frustration very well. Being a sucker and holding some faith in mankind, I agreed. Yes, you guessed it, he never called. And oh, I never got the $50 gift certificate let alone the supposed other compensations I was to get for lost of goodwill.

Last straw. Broken down management system. Lack of quality service. Failed promises. Unethical dealings. I have so many other Sears appliances and Craftsmen products. Sears doesn't have the management wisdom to realize the lost revenues they will incur from such practices.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team.

We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your dryer purchase. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address your concerns.

Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous472848), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.