Verified Reviewer

Sears Customer Care, searscares@***.com

From: Keauna Person, keaunaperson@***.com

3437 Stocker Street No. 2, Los Angeles, CA 90008

Subject: Demand for Action

In Feb of 2016, I purchased my first refrigerator from Sears.

I was very excited about the purchase because I knew that I was buying the best with Sears backing the product.

Unfortunately, in 2018, approximately 2 years later, my refrigerator stopped working, and I purchased another refrigerator from the store that I trusted, your company Sears. However, this second time, I purchased a protection plan.

In approximately 2019, my brand-new fridge again started to malfunction. The freezer would no longer freeze. However, this time I purchased a protection plan so I was not concerned.

On August 18, 2021, I called Sears Technical Support to make a service appointment for my refrigerator.

They made my appointment with a company called A plus Appliances located at 823 Foothill Blvd., La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011, Ph. 818-244-****. My appointment was scheduled for August 19, 2021. However, A-Plus Appliances called and said that they could not make the appointment for the 19th and instead said that they would come out on August 20, 2021.

On August 20, 2021, A-Plus Appliances visited my home to check my refrigerator.

They informed me that my refrigerator needed a door gasket. A-Plus Appliances representative informed me that he would order the part. It was my understanding that the gasket part was ordered on August 23, 2021.

On August 25, 2021, I was told that the part was ordered on August 23, 2021 and that it would take 5 to 7 business days to receive the part.

On September 4, 2021, I called A-Plus Appliances informing them that I had not received the part. A-Plus Appliances informed me that if I had not received the part by September 7, 2021 or so to call them back.

On September 9, 2021, I called A-Plus Appliances to inform them that I had not received the part.

A-Plus Appliances told me that I needed to call Sears to check the status of the part.

On September 9, 2021, I called Sears technical support, and they told me that the part was on back order. I asked them why A-Plus Appliances did not inform me about the part.

On September 10, 2021, I called A-Plus Appliances and informed them that my refrigerator does not get cold at all and that I believe that my refrigerator does not need a door a gasket, but something else is wrong. The refrigerator does not blow cold air at all and all of my food has spoiled.

On about September 13, 2021, A-Plus Appliances visited my home to inspect my refrigerator a second time, and again informed me that it was the refrigerator gasket. At that time, the A-Plus Appliances representative moved the gasket back in place and said that it should be fine until the new gasket arrives.

Unfortunately, the gasket fix was not successful and my refrigerator still does not get cold to this day.

From September 14 to the present, I have gone around in circles with Sears and A-Plus Appliances with each blaming each other for the delay. I also told them that they need to replace my refrigerator. A Sears representative informed me that she would look into the possibility of replacing the refrigerator by escalating my claim. The representative also informed me of the food lost program of up to $300 in lost food.

She then informed me that she would send me a $50 check for food lost. I told her with my three kids, I have lost over $400 in food.

In summary, I purchased the refrigerator protection plan to provide me with peace of mind for my 3 kids and me. I have been without a refrigerator for close to 7 weeks now. Sears representatives have apparently escalated my claim for a third time, but still to no avail in resolving the issue with my refrigerator.

I purchased the protection plan from Sears and I feel that Sears should take the appropriate action to resolve this issue with my refrigerator.

I have not only lost approximately $400 worth of food with the bad refrigerator, I have also spent a small fortune on takeout food.

I request that my refrigerator be repaired immediately or replaced because I paid for product protection and Sears has failed to live up to the standards of the protection service plan.

If I do not hear from you within 72 hours of this email, I will take the next course of appropriate action to resolve this issue. I sincerely hope to be contacted someone who can help me with this issue.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my email.

Preferred solution: Replacement Refrigerator .

Location: 3755 Santa Rosalia Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90008