I own a service plan from Sears on almost all my household appliances. It’s called “Master Protection agreement”. The plan offers maintenance, repair and if repair is not feasible, replacement. I pay $581.84/year for 4 appliances. The contract number is 000879321800116

On Thursday, February 12th, 2015, A flame of "fire" erupted from the inside of my stove followed by a loud explosion sound. I turned off the stove. I found out that the flame was still up and slowly dwindled down after I turned off the stove. I also noticed that the glass on the stove cover blew into small pieces.

I called Sears Service plan in “panic”. They sent a technician on the same day Thursday 2/12/15. He checked the stove and told me that the he needs to change some part from inside the stove and obviously then change the top. He spent a whole hour on the phone with the company trying to get the replacement parts. The company told him that they don’t have these parts anymore…. As a result ( and according to the plan), he called the replacement department asking for replacement of the stove and he told me that he will replace the stove.

After some time of talking to the supervisor in the replacement department, he suddenly changed his mind and said: ”this problem with the stove is due to MISUSE”

There were no accidents that involved the stove. The problem in my stove is dangerous. I have no way to replace the stove and I have young kids at home. There was no misuse of the stove. I’m not asking to replace the stove. I just wanted it repaired and immediately as the service plan dictates.

Thanks for your help

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $3000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.