I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator about 2 years ago. I was told it was top of the line and was highly recommended so I didn't mind paying over $2000 for it.

Since day one we've had problems with it. The ice doesn't go into the container properly. Every time you open the door you find ice cubes on the floor of the freezer. It's been serviced about 3 times.

Earlier this week the service department came out(I have the Master Protection Plan)because the fridge side was not cold enough and said he had to order some parts. They came back a few days later and "fixed" the issue. We were told that it would take a few hours for it to get cold since he had the doors open. A few hours later we realized that it was getting worse and the food was beginning to good bad.

Placed another call to service and the earliest they could come is 8 days later. I'm having surgery Monday, so I called yesterday to see if they could come in sooner. They said they would put me on the cancellation list and call if they have anything sooner.

They offered to reimburse me for mini fridge (up to $100), which I accepted thinking it would actually pay for one. After going to Sears I saw that the only ones under $100 couldn't fit a gallon of milk, let alone anything else and since I have small children that really what I needed it for. Plus I won't be able to drive after surgery for at least a week and I need food in the house for the kids.

Very disappointed with Sears and will never buy the protection plans from them again, which is a shame because I have one on all my appliances.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 23, 2011.

Comments