Fruitport Charter Township, Michigan
2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I filed for a repair service under my Protection Agreement warranty that I paid and extra $200 for for my 2 year old refrigerator. Customer service rep.

on chat very friendly and service was scheduled for 7/7/16. Service tech. did show up on time but had a big attitude regarding fixing the fridge. First he said my model information inside the fridge didn't match the records on his computer.

He asked for a receipt. I pulled this information off my computer (I saved the email receipt from Sears). He said that my receipt didn't have the model number so he wasn't sure it was the same fridge. I said "Well I only purchased one refrigerator".

He then said that the delivery date did match (duh!). Then he said he did not see on my receipt that I had purchased an warranty. I quickly showed him at the bottom of the receipt where it clearly said "Protection Agreement" $200. Next he said that the gasket had ripped due to something sticky leaking between the gasket and the frame.

So this repair would be considered normal "wear n tear". My mom quickly pointed out that in 70 years of owning a refrigerators with lots of spills nothing ever ripped a gasket completely off the bottom due to some sticky juice and that the rubber gasket must have very cheap rubber to rip so easily. Grumbly and with an unfriendly attitude the tech. agreed to repair the gasket this time but would not do so again in the future.

Overall I felt Sears has told its techs. to argue with customers and try to find anyway possible not to perform work or charge for work being done. The extended warranty is a joke if all they try to do is get out of the work.

Meanwhile the manufacturers are making all this junk overseas with no quality what so ever. It's all a big scam to make money.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about a product or service at Sears was service repair tech unfriendly tried to get out of the work , but reviewer liked online chat was friendly and knowledgable. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments