Sealy, Texas
2.5K views

The refrigerator has went out twice. The first time all my food was denied because he couldn't find anything but had to return and put a new board in.

Stated he would resubmit my food claim. Nothing, the second time it was the fan and I left everything in the refrigerator except the milk and biscuits which blew up so the repair man could see what I had lost and now they say they didn't receive a claim and they want me to resubmit it. I asked to get the repairmans name and they wouldn't give it to me.

I feel they keep making excuses so they dont have to pay.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Comments

Contact LG Corporate Offices in Alabama. The phone number is 256-772-0623.

Ask for a supervisor in Executive Services. They told us we could either have $150 towards a mini fridge or $150 for food loss. We said food loss and supposedly within two weeks we will be receiving a check. I won't hold my breath yet.

Our compressor died(surprise), it was replaced and repaired two days later. The temperature is like a rollercoaster so this coming week a service com is coming out to diagnose the frig and tell us if it is repairable. In the meantime, we put in a claim for the amount we paid originally.

We will see how far that goes. My next step will be our local TV station if LG does not come through with their broken promises.

DEALING WITH SEARS IS LIKE DEALING WITH THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION.

@Anonymous

I agree

I have had very bad experience. My 8 yr old Whirlpool fridge has broken down 6 times - vent not working and over $400 worth of food has been lost in less than a year.

Sears won't replace the fridge even with a Master Protection Plan. Each time, the problem is temporarily fixed and it breaks down again in a month or so. The part was replaced once; no use. They won't honor the Lemon Law.

A food loss claim vanished.

The next time, the 14 day period had elapsed. Excuses, excuses!

we have had the same problems. One repairmen said he put the part in and never did even come back.

He closed the account.

The part was backordered supposedly but never ordered to begin with. Problems one after another.

10/20/2018 In July 2018, I filed a food loss claim because of a 33 Cu. ft.

Kenmore Elite refrigerator that had a defective LG compressor. It took Sears exactly 30 days to make the repairs. During that time it was necessary to purchase another refrigerator because I have a family of four adults and we couldn't live out of an ice chest, especially for 30 days. In September I received a partial food loss check for $290.

Sears will not pay for condiments which require refrigeration after opened. I deposited the check in my bank and it was returned not paid. Therefore I was not only charged back for the $290 check, but an additional $6.00 by the bank for the returned check. I contacted Sears about the check and was advised that another check would be issued and that Sears was not responsible for the $6.00 bank charge.

In October I received a replacement check for $290. Well, it too was returned unpaid and once again I was charged another $6.00 by my bank. I contacted Sears and was told that any checks issued prior to 10/15/2018 would not be honored. I was told that another check would be issued.

I would attempt to cash the next chech at the bank Sears uses but because I don't have an account with their bank, I feel certain I may be charged a check cashing fee. So far I am out more than $300 for lost food, $12 in returned check fees charged by my bank, and $1200 for a refrigerator to replace the one year old refrigerator that I paid $3000 for. My question is, why would Sears issue checks they aren't going to honor?

In the real world this is criminal and the issuer can be prosecuted. Shame on you Sears for screwing your customers.

@Maggie G. 0-9

They should have immediately send some people to bring you a brand new replacement refrigerator and to haul away the one that didn't work.

similar situation

I had the service guy come out and he claims no one was home. Never showed.

Then the next week second guy came I asked for replacement parts and he said I had to call it in.

Then he said the cool panel was out and the soonest available appointment was in 3 weeks. And it wasn't his job to service it.

I am having the exact same problem. My fridge went out on June 14...one month ago.

Repairman came out yesterday and said the fan motor was shot and he had to order a new one. He will come back in August and put it in. No way to freeze ice or keep food cold. Lost all my food for the month.

Repairman filed the claim for the loss while here. He gave me a number to call and check on the status. I called and they kept transferring me to different departments. One person said they had the claim and that I would receive a check for total loss.

The next person I spoke to said they didn't have the claim. I went back and forth for an hour. I am totally disgusted.

In the meantine, I am sitting here eating from cans because I have no way to keep food. I am on Social Security and can't afford to eat out or but another months supply of groceries...and no at Sears cares!!!

DHFLAF
@Janice Davis

WOW! I actually was googling to find food reimbursement phone number for sears and came across this site/post.

I was boggled to see similar things happening to people!’ I am in the middle of a battle to get reimbursement for Food loss on my 1 year old kenmore elite made by lg French door refrigerator! Short version is, opened freezer one nite and all food was thawed! Fridge was cold. Next day make appt, for a WEEK later.

Tech calls late in day and unfortunately I had unplugged fridge after could days of running and still not cold. Plus was leaving out of state figure why run it. Tech explained it has to be running for them to work on. So had to reschedule FOR A WEEK LATER!

Fridge actually started working couple days after I plugged back in. Tech came couldn’t find anything wrong. Well food reimbursement dept states they WILL NOT REIMBURSE because... get this!!...

I UNPLUGGED MY FRIDGE!!! And that when I plugged it back in, it’s started working. AS THO IM AN IDIOT, unplug fridge, thaw and lose food then plug back in! For real?!?

So that Why I’m denied. Soooo beyond angry. They don’t care what The customer says.

Total bs. I should get reimbursement!

get lowes epic

A sears technician caused the loss of my food and will not reimburse the food I lost. SEARS IS THE WORST FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE CLOSING 100+ STORES DUE TO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS.

KARMA-KARMA-KARMA FOR THE HORRIBLE WAY THEY HAVE TREATED CONSUMERS. HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT AND OUT OF BUSINESS COMPLETELY.

@Susan Soctomah

OMG! Only if I read this posting!

Then, I would never buy anything from Sears! No wonder their business is going down so fast because they don't deserve it.

@Anonymous

wow say here ever thing I read on here is true same problem am having .

I haven't submitted food loss yet but my experience with this sears plan has been absolutely horrible - it's a rip off!!!

@gina florez

same issue with my fridge. last December, and now it happen again. stay away from Sear.