1.4K views

The refrigerator has went out twice. The first time all my food was denied because he couldn't find anything but had to return and put a new board in.

Stated he would resubmit my food claim. Nothing, the second time it was the fan and I left everything in the refrigerator except the milk and biscuits which blew up so the repair man could see what I had lost and now they say they didn't receive a claim and they want me to resubmit it. I asked to get the repairmans name and they wouldn't give it to me.

I feel they keep making excuses so they dont have to pay.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 16, 2008.

Comments

we have had the same problems. One repairmen said he put the part in and never did even come back.

He closed the account.

The part was backordered supposedly but never ordered to begin with. Problems one after another.

10/20/2018 In July 2018, I filed a food loss claim because of a 33 Cu. ft.

Kenmore Elite refrigerator that had a defective LG compressor. It took Sears exactly 30 days to make the repairs. During that time it was necessary to purchase another refrigerator because I have a family of four adults and we couldn't live out of an ice chest, especially for 30 days. In September I received a partial food loss check for $290.

Sears will not pay for condiments which require refrigeration after opened. I deposited the check in my bank and it was returned not paid. Therefore I was not only charged back for the $290 check, but an additional $6.00 by the bank for the returned check. I contacted Sears about the check and was advised that another check would be issued and that Sears was not responsible for the $6.00 bank charge.

In October I received a replacement check for $290. Well, it too was returned unpaid and once again I was charged another $6.00 by my bank. I contacted Sears and was told that any checks issued prior to 10/15/2018 would not be honored. I was told that another check would be issued.

I would attempt to cash the next chech at the bank Sears uses but because I don't have an account with their bank, I feel certain I may be charged a check cashing fee. So far I am out more than $300 for lost food, $12 in returned check fees charged by my bank, and $1200 for a refrigerator to replace the one year old refrigerator that I paid $3000 for. My question is, why would Sears issue checks they aren't going to honor?

In the real world this is criminal and the issuer can be prosecuted. Shame on you Sears for screwing your customers.

to Maggie G. 0-9 #1585760

They should have immediately send some people to bring you a brand new replacement refrigerator and to haul away the one that didn't work.

similar situation

I had the service guy come out and he claims no one was home. Never showed.

Then the next week second guy came I asked for replacement parts and he said I had to call it in.

Then he said the cool panel was out and the soonest available appointment was in 3 weeks. And it wasn't his job to service it.

I am having the exact same problem. My fridge went out on June 14...one month ago.

Repairman came out yesterday and said the fan motor was shot and he had to order a new one. He will come back in August and put it in. No way to freeze ice or keep food cold. Lost all my food for the month.

Repairman filed the claim for the loss while here. He gave me a number to call and check on the status. I called and they kept transferring me to different departments. One person said they had the claim and that I would receive a check for total loss.

The next person I spoke to said they didn't have the claim. I went back and forth for an hour. I am totally disgusted.

In the meantine, I am sitting here eating from cans because I have no way to keep food. I am on Social Security and can't afford to eat out or but another months supply of groceries...and no at Sears cares!!!

New Albany, Pennsylvania, United States #709290

get lowes epic

A sears technician caused the loss of my food and will not reimburse the food I lost. SEARS IS THE WORST FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE CLOSING 100+ STORES DUE TO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS.

KARMA-KARMA-KARMA FOR THE HORRIBLE WAY THEY HAVE TREATED CONSUMERS. HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT AND OUT OF BUSINESS COMPLETELY.

to Susan Soctomah #1478948

OMG! Only if I read this posting!

Then, I would never buy anything from Sears! No wonder their business is going down so fast because they don't deserve it.

I haven't submitted food loss yet but my experience with this sears plan has been absolutely horrible - it's a rip off!!!