3.0
Ease of Use

I did an online reservation for a Sears dryer repair. It went very well.

Got an estimated window between 8:00 and 12:00. Confirmed. Michael I. with a picture of Michael would be my customer service tech (Great).

On the day of my service I got a call, Michael is on the way (11:09). I opened the blinds on the front of my house and checked the doorbell to make sure I did not miss my appointment and realized the doorbell did not work. I immediately called the 800 service number and asked the rep to have the technician to come to my garage door. She had an Asian accent and seemed to not understand my request.

She kept asking me as if reading from a script, did I need to schedule, reschedule, or cancel my appointment; I repeatedly said no; call Michael and tell him to come to the garage. After three calls exactly the I assumed they did not understand English and asked for a supervisor...Well guess what? She was Asian as well with a different script than the others. She told me my service had been canceled because the driver dad been to my house, rang the front door bell and no one answered the door, so he closed out my service and left.

I asked her to call him back or give me her supervisor and she told me there was no other supervisor.

I asked for Sears Corporate Office, told her I was recording the call and she hung up. "God Bless America" I thought Sears was founded on American Values, guess not.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Manager.

I didn't like: Phone service is horrible no one is trained to problem solve.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 01.

Comments

h.kitchener

It won't be long before Sears "bites the dust" and no one will have to worry about or complain about their lousy customer service if the news reports about Sear's financial problems are correct. Best to not buy an appliance from them at this point in time.