Sears recently advertised an 8 function digital multimeter for $8.99, (regular price $19.99). Sales staff at the local Sears store told me they had none in stock and had not had any in stock for months.

They suggested I order it online with free pickup at the store. I tried that. The special sales price for Alaska was $9.89. However, if you search directly for the item for Alaska the regular price for this item is now $21.99 with a sales price of $9.99 with no store pickup.

I ask you, disregarding shipping costs, why would the item itself cost more in Alaska? Why does the price change? Does it cost more to make this item for use in Alaska? Do I hear the word FRAUD?

Or gouge Alaskans? And, the item wasn't available for free pickup at the store. Screw them *** people in Alaska! Right Sears?

NOW that the sale is over Sears, with their kinder side, has this item listed with free store pickup. FRAUD! FRAUD! FRAUD!

Sears used to be reliable and reasonably honest, except for excessive shipping charges. I guess greed from charging excessive shipping charges has spread into pricing of items and playing games with their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Shipping Service.

Reason of review: poor customer service, pricing issue, probable fraud.

I didn't like: Manipulation of pricing of items for alaska, Advertising sales on items not in stock, No free store pickup on sale items, Probable fraud.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 14, 2016.

Comments