We paid for an installation of a gazebo, and they never came to install it.I stayed home 2 different days bc that's when they said they were coming, but they never came.

After I talked to customer service 4 different times, they finally told me that Sears actually cancelled the install bc no one could do it. I then asked for the refund, which they said would be done. (Apparently, even if Sears cancels it, the customer has to negotiate the refun.) 2 weeks later, still no refund, so I called again, and they have no record of it. I am still trying to get this refund.

We have also submitted a fraud complaint to the Better Business Bureau.My advice is that no one should ever buy anything from Sears.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

Socorro, New Mexico, United States #842189

I had (am still having) a similar issue involving a mattress.I received a phone call the day before the scheduled delivery stating that my item would be delivered the next day between 1 and 3 PM.

At 5:30 the day of delivery I called customer service and was told that the warehouse was out of stock and could we please reschedule the delivery. I then told them no, I wanted to cancel the order. I never received a confirmation email.

I called the next day to ask why I hadn't received a confirmation and was told asked/stated that I had declined to cancel my order the day before.

I said that I had declined the rather insulting gift card offer and very much wanted to cancel my order. I was told that the cancel request had been entered and I should have the refund in 7-10 business days. I requested a confirmation email for the cancellation. That one was never received either.

The 7-10 days came and went with no refund.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt since Day 10 was July 4.

The next time I called, I was told that, "Gee, your order shows that it's been delivered." I said that if that was the case, it was delivered to the wrong address since I never got it. That person said that she'd put me in touch with the warehouse and I should be receiving a phone call from them in 24-48 hours. Again, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited 2 business days before calling again.

This time, the person I talked to pawned me off on a 'supervisor'.

This person barely spoke English and didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say. He tried to call the local store that I had originally made my purchase from with no luck. So, he comes back on the line and told me to go talk to the local people for a refund. I live 90 miles from the store I made the purchase in.

It isn't the absolute closest store, but the town it's in is the closest town with a Sears.

Filing a fraud complaint with the BBB is an excellent idea.I'm also about to file a charge dispute with my credit card.