With Company response

I went into Sears for your Columbus Day sale, as I wanted to purchase a Bromont Luxury Firm (aircool) Queen size mattress which was originally priced around $700.00 back in July with a 24 month financing available. I was very excited that Sears was having a "50%" promotion plus an extra "10% off", as my husband and I are new homeowners we are looking at maximum savings and this just seemed like the deal we were waiting for. Imagine our surprise when we went to Sears and was informed that the mattress was on sale for $629.00 with a 12 month financing plan!!!

The sales associate said that it was marked down from the "Regular price of $1599.99", a price that we were told in July was never the price that Sears sold the Mattress for, as they always sold at a lower cost, which was in the $700.00 price range. Therefor how was the price a $60% discount is beyond me and with a lesser financing option!

I think that this is just another way for a large corporation like Sears to take advantage of unsuspecting customers, as the sales agent was quite surprised that we had paid so much attention to the "Original" prices and information back in July. Suffice to say, I did not purchase the new mattress because it just seemed like a very unfair and fraudulent deal.

Company wrote 2 public responses to the review from Oct 15, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous452672,

I came across your post today and I thought I would reach out to offer some assistance. Based upon your post, we can see how this was a disappointing experience to you while attempting to purchase a new mattress. We certainly understand how important it is to properly budget your finances especially as new homeowners. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We are proud of your loyalty to Sears and we appreciate your business. With this stated, for what you have experienced we would be more than happy to have a case manager contact you to see how we can make this right by you. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Anonymous452672), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for the confusing experience you had and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Washingtonville, New York, United States #731282

Hi Brian,

I tried to send you my contact info via the email provided however I got a postmaster delivery status notification (failure returned mail. Please let me know if there is a number that I can contact you directly, as I had also tried emailing Sears customer service and I had the same problem. Kind Regards -DS (Anonymous452572)

Different purchase - same complaint.:(

Ordered the Sears washer/dryer bundle. On the opening sears.com screen, it says that members get an EXTRA 10% off on appliances purchased during the Columbus day sale. When the order confirmation was emailed to me, it did not reflect the extra 10% off. When I called to correct this, they told me that it was an already discounted item so the EXTRA 10% off did not apply.

This is the 3rd time making a major purchase from Sears that I have experienced their total lack of concern about their customers and did not deliver on an advertised offer.

I've cancelled my order and I will NEVER shop at Sears again. :upset

SearsCares
to gatorgirl #729750
Sears Response

Dear gatorgirl,

Thank you for taking time to post about your recent online shopping experience. In your post you also stated you’ve had similar experiences with previous purchases. We are concerned about the shopping experiences you have had because we do value you as a loyal Sears member. We endeavor to provide a positive and satisfying shopping experience to all of our members. To this end, it would be our pleasure to contact you to see how we can address these issues. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media team. In order to provide further assistance, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (gatorgirl), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. We apologize for the type of shopping experiences you had and we hope to speak with you soon.

Brian L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #729242

Sales folks bet on the fact that most consumers will not question or keep records of prices......its laughable how they think we are all sheep. You are correct....all sales promotions are carefully and methodically thought ought......they are looking to lure you in with the least amount of damage to their bottom line