Update by user Nov 17

So, was contacted by Sears and was told they canceled my bill. Was told I would receive notice of such in the mail....hasn’t arrived yet, has been about three weeks. I guess we will see.

Original review posted by user Oct 18

I had an appointment for an appliance tech to come and evaluate a Kenmore Range. On the morning of the appointment the tech called me and asked me what model and serial number were on the range.

He asked if I could msg him a picture of this information which I did. He called back and informed me more than likely what the problem was and what repair parts would be and roughly what it would cost for labor. He said I would be better off with buying a new range. I agreed and cancelled his appointment.

Three months later I get a bill from Sears for $92 for Range Service. I called Sears to complain. They called me back a day later and the lady I spoke to wanted my side of what happened. She asked me “So the tech never looked at the oven.” I told her no he was not even in the driveway let alone in the house.

She agreed to reverse the charges but then began to lecture me that he did provide a “Service” because he troubleshot the range. I told her I was never informed nor did I agree to charges for a three minute phone call.

She said in the future you need to....I cut her off and said again that the tech never looked at the range, nor did he inform me I would be getting charged for the phone call with him. So pissed about this whole situation...I’ll wait and see if they cancel my bill.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Range Repair.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

No wonder the company is having so many problems!