1.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator supposedly the top of the line for 3,000. I did not purchase a warranty at the time of purchase because I just had enough for the appliance.

My thoughts at the time were that if I purchased the more expensive one the quality would be would be much more better and last me longer but I had a rude awakening when it totally gave out after 14 months after I purchased it. I should of called earlier because a few months prior to it giving out I had to lower the temperature a couple of times because i noticed it wasn't as cold as it should of been and the ice started to melt slowly.I reached out to customer service to check my options and apparently the manufacturer warranty is only good for up to 12 months. It was then I was offered "A Sears Home Warranty" They told me for 49.99 monthly it would cover up to $10,000 on any appliance we have in our home if their technician would try to fix it 4 times and 4 times later they're telling me that they are going to give me a credit voucher for $500.00 so I asked him that I have to lose out on $2500.00? He then apologized that they didn't mention it to me when they offered me the warranty.

Here we are 3 months later with a beautiful broken refrigerator in my kitchen and using an ice chest. We not only have that loss but we have a loss of all the food and loss of time off work to be here for the technicians to work on the refrigerator. Not to mention all the time spent hours on hold and repeating myself to everyone in customer service.

It's so sad that loyal customers are treated this way especially having purchased a washer, dryer and over the range microwave in that same year. Sears was my favorite store to buy appliances,clothes, shoes and jewelry for many years but now I know why they're closing down so many stores.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Being lied to and deceived and my time wasted, Lack of communication on status, Very poor customer service, Service is not good.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 07.

Comments