With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a garage door opener and installation from Sears. The installation cost was $129.99.

When the technician came to do the installation he claimed I needed special brackets to mount the motor. 6 feet at $10/foot and special brackets to mount the sensors for $40. When I inspected the installation the motor brackets were nothing more than strips of perforated metal that cost less than $6 online and every installation requires these. There was nothing special about it.

The sensor brackets cost $5 online. Therefore I paid an extra $100 for basically what should have been covered in the installation cost I prepaid.

It's a scam! Never, ever use Sears installation for anything as they are crooks!!

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi pembriano,

Thank you for posting about the costs of your new garage door opener installation. We understand the importance of being charged a fair price for goods and services. My name is Brian and I am a member of Sears Social Media Support team. I have read your post and I would like to take this opportunity to extend our offer of assistance. We would be more than happy to look into the charges you incurred with your garage door opener installation and address your concern to a satisfactory resolution. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (pembriano), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for taking time to bring this matter to our attention; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.