With Company response Not resolved

I found out Sears subcontracts garage door installation after the fact.Four years after garage door and garage door opener installed, the opener burned out.

Car was locked in the garage for 5 days. Could not manually open it. Opener should have lasted 20 years. Bought a new garage door opener from Sears.

Had to call for a repair because door was stopping in the middle. Sears service man came to my house and showed me the items that needed to be repaired because of incorrect installation of the new opener, but wouldn't fix it because the installer of the new opener was subcontracted out. The Sears service man also showed me how the track was installed incorrectly in 2009 because of a gap and not aligned. He said that is why my garage door jumps and stops in the middle and that's why the motor burned out after 4 years.

I contacted the installer of the new opener and he reluctantly repaired the issues, but couldn't help with the tracks because he didn't install the original garage doors. I've been calling the company that Sears subcontracted with; Garage Door Systems aka Asset Consulting in West Hills, California since July 2013 and they have not called me back. I've also been calling Sears since July 2013 trying to get someone out to fix my garage door. Every call until today, Sears has continually referred me to Garage Door Systems.

Today, September 26, 2013, I called Sears and was disconnected 5 times and called back a 6th time. The 5th call, the Sears representative told me she was on the line with the Installation Team and she was just waiting for a date they could come to my home. I asked her to please not disconnect me since I was calling back for the 5th time.

I was disconnect after 36 minutes.The 6th phone call, the Sears representative said he called Garage Door Systems and spoke to the receptionist and left a message with all my information and the reception will "send information to an installer and the installer will call me." Let's see what happens now!

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

I responded yesterday to Kurts message.

SearsCares
Sears Response

superunhappycustomer,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent garage door opener repair experience. We are sorry to hear that you were not provided that level of service we are known for. We know you time is valuable and we would like to provide you additional assistance. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the garage door opener was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (superunhappycustomer) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kurt M.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response #722135

Kurt, Are you an employee of Sears?

to Anonymous #722140

Kurt, I'm calling for you right now, however the blue ribbon department said that Moderators DO NOT speak with customers.I explained that I received a response from you and wanted to speak with you instead of emailing.

I mentioned the name Gabriel, a name I found in another Sears complaint documentation, and the operator was willing to put me through to Gabriel.

The operator got back on the phone and said this case was not Gabriel's and will be assigned a case worker, but I need to reply to the email.It's getting more ridiculous by the minute!

SearsCares
to Anonymous Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #722507
Sears Response

Anonymous,

We understand your frustration with your garage door opener and the repair experience you had. My name is Susan; I'm a colleague of Kurt's with the Sears Cares Escalations team. As Moderator's we don't answer phones but reach out via Social Media sites such as this one. Our team includes Case Managers who are more than happy to offer their assistance. Once we receive your contact information, a Case Manager will be assigned to you and will call. Please send your contact information to the email address provided above. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,