At the beginning of November we bought a gas stove which was on sale. We were planning on a kitchen renovation so we bought and paid for the stove, plus extended warranty and told the CSR that we would call once we had confirmed the kitchen reno details.

We called a week later to confirm that we had the trades lined up and would like the stove delivered on December 6 which they confirmed was okay. On December 3 we received a phone call to say that the stove was not available and would not be delivered until December 22. At this point our kitchen was pulled apart, trades were working and we would be without a stove for 16 days. We however were even more shocked when we were told that they could not even guarantee delivery for December 22 and would not know for sure until a couple of days prior to that.

At that point I went on-line and realized that this is now the norm for Sears and that the extended warranty provided very poor service in the event the appliance malfunctioned. The next day I went to our local store (McDonald's Furniture and Appliances in Meaford, ON). I was able to buy an equivalent stove for $100 cheaper, Extended Warranty for about $110 cheaper (service would be by local repair shop), delivery was $30 versus $79 for Sears and they would haul away our old appliance free of charge. They suggested I might like to extend a small tip to the delivery person if I chose.

Best yet - I was told I could have it delivered in the morning if I ordered by 5:00 p.m. today. Sears are losing one customer at time but multiply that by thousands over the year and it is easy to see where this company is heading.

they are closing more stores every year and it won't be long before the company ends up in receivership. I will be doing more shopping at my local store in the future.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments