With Company response

I ordered a gift card from the Sears.com website to be delivered via email to the recipient on December 25th. The following day, I spoke with the person and they had not received any email or gift card from Sears.

I double-checked the email address, it was correct. I had them check their spam/junk folder and their filters and there was nothing. So I went online and contacted Sears about the problem. I submitted my complaint on December 27th.

I received an email saying they would "research" the problem and I would receive a reply in 5-7 business days. Never received any further communication from Sears (email or phone). So I emailed back and inquired again. This time I was told someone would get back with me in 3-5 business days.

Again - nothing. Then I decided to call customer service via phone. Went through the whole explanation with the person, gave them all the information, was placed on hold ... and then they came back and told me since it was a gift card, they couldn't do anything but send it to another department and someone would get back with me in 72 hours.

So ... again, I'm waiting. Do I think I will actually hear from Sears? Not really.

It's January 10th and the recipient still has not received the gift card. If I don't hear back from Sears yet again, I'm not sure what my next step will be.... but I am done being nice and polite with them.IF you ever send a Sears gift card you need to double-check with the recipient that it was received.

Otherwise, it's possible that Sears is just taking your money and keeping it. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Website.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Jan 10, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous374111:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager.

I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the problems you are having receiving the gift card you purchased as a Christmas gift. I can certainly understand your frustration with first chatting with our customer service group then calling to find out where the gift card is that you purchased. We would like to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager who will work on your behalf to resolve this situation. We value your business and are truly sorry that you have had to go through so much to find out where the card you purchased is.

You can also keep this case manager's contact information and if you have any difficulties with future purchases you can contact our group for assistance. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Lisa Cooper), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – Thanks, Susan.

to Sears Response Tucson, Arizona, United States #593821

SEARS DOES NOT CARE... BUT WHAT SEARS WILL DO IS BUY YOUR SILENCE...

BELIEVE ME SEARS DOES NOT!!!!! REPEAT NOT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE IN THE MANAGEMENT LEVELS OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #592019

I assume you paid, online, via credit card. If so, then dispute the charge immediately.

If you paid via debit card, you oughta know better! Once the money is gone, you have problems getting it back. In any event, stop having anything to do with Sears.

They are NOT the Sears, Roebuck & Co. we grew up with.