Hello,

You do not know me. In fact, you probably don’t know many of your customers, long-time or no, like myself.

I recently purchased and air compressor from your company, via a Sears card. We were so excited, trying to build a little credit. Alas, we were late on a $35 payment.

The first phone call, I understand: it was made at 8:24 a.m., December 10, 2012. NO message was left, but I had an idea (we usually do not make late payments), but we had a funeral to attend. We had the money. I called an hour later, that day, telling a “Sears agent” we would call back with a card to pay the balance in full, and to please remove us from the list. She agreed, and thanked me for the call.

The second phone call was December 10, 2010, and 12:03 p.m. I had to ignore the call. I was at a funeral. I figured that it was a fluke, since I had already told a “Sears agent” my plan was to call later in the afternoon to pay in full.

The third call was December 10, 2012, at 2:10 p.m. I again could not take the call. I apologize, but funerals do sometimes run more than 2 hours.

The fourth call was December 10, 4:05 p.m. Now I was getting steamed. For $35? Isn’t this harassment? When I arrived home, I called the number around 7 p.m., gave them the information, asked them to please make sure no one calls again. She said that I was removed from the system, the payment would go through in the next day, but no more calls.

The fifth call was December 11th, at 8:34 a.m., waking me up from a sleep I deserved (we lost a family member). I called back, more than angry, and explained what had happened the night before. The “Sears agent” had the gall to remark, “Why is EVERYONE so angry this morning?” I told her that by this time, it was more than enough phone calls, the payment is scheduled IN FULL, and I wish to be removed from the system, including my phone number. She agreed and said it wouldn’t happen again.

The sixth call was December 11, 2012, at 12:25 pm. I missed the call, so I called back, and repeated to the “Sears agent” the same thing I told the “Sears agent” in the morning: to remove my number. And explained at this point, this IS harassment.

The seventh call came December 11, 2012, at 2:31 p.m. Really fed up, I did not answer the phone. Besides, I had work. Which happens from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

The eighth call came tonight, December 11, at 4:27 p.m. Having finally turned off my ringer at this point, I missed the call. I called back, explained my situation to the 8th “Sears agent”, who dismissively told me he “read the notes” and was “aware of the problem” and there wouldn’t be another call. I told HIM that I had been told that over 4 times already, and did he have another number? He said “this is it” and thanked me for the call, and hung up on me.

The ninth call also came tonight, December 11th at 7:28 p.m.

I am ready to hire a lawyer. The air compressor may be $400+ which we paid in full, but suing your company may be well worth another $400, if just for a piece of mind.

If you think this email was long, try taking NINE CALLS ON YOUR CELL PHONE FOR A $35 PAYMENT, half of them AFTER payment was made in full, over the phone.

This practice is straight-up harassment, and I am cc:ing the BBB, and letting my 315 friends on Facebook how your “system” “works”, and closing my account.

Comments