With Company response

I purchased a refrigerator two years ago and purchased a 5 year warranty at the same time. I have not had any major issues until now when the refrigerator stopped cooling.

I called the 800 number for service and was told that I couldn't get a repair until a week later. The automatic recording says that you can make an appointment online which allowed me to make an appointment the same day. When I called the 800 number back to cancel the appointment made over the phone I had to speak to 4 people before the appointment was confirmed and I was told that I wouldn't have to pay for the service. At the time I was told a 30 minute heads up warning would be made, but the service tech only gave 15 minutes which resulted in a missed call.

I tried to call back no less then 10 times with no response from the tech. I called the 800 number 3 more times to ask if he was going to come back and they all said yes.

At 6:45 at night I called again and they said that it would be December(weeks from now) before they could get back to my house. I went online and there was an appt available on Saturday which I reserved. When I called the escalation team the first person transferred me to the routing dept which was closed and the second person told me that the routing dept would have hung up on me anyway.

I was then told that I was trying to fraud the online system because I entered a separate fridge and that when the tech was there I would be given a bill and if I didn't pay I would be sent to collections.

After explaining everything again and 30 minutes later I was told that there was an influx of these type of calls and that the site wasn't working correctly.

To sum things up I was called a fraud, denied an appointment and discovered if you have a warranty you have to wait weeks for service, but if you are willing to pay out of pocket you can have an appointment asap.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 2 public responses to the review from Nov 20, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that a dedicated Case Manager will handle your issue from start to finish until you are satisfied that your issue has been resolved. The repair issue you explained above is very disappointing to hear. We strive to provide excellent products and services to all of our members and it seems that we've fallen short in this instance. We'd be more than happy to offer the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who can help resolve your refrigerator repair issue. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous458887) that I have assigned you, and phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

MikeBrady
Chantilly, Virginia, United States #745378

Take my experienced word for it. You seem to have thrown a monkey wrench into it by being impatient.

When you start calling different departments, you have several people working on the same issue and will get different answers and the confusion will cause you more delay.

How did a fifteen minute difference result in a missed call? If you didn't know exactly what time to expect the call then you should have been more vigilant.

SearsCares
to MikeBrady Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #745515
Sears Response

Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. Have a great day.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765599

What little friend did you have write THAT?

I don't believe anything you people say anymore.

You are all liars and cheats and get off on insulting customers and taking

Their money. :(