Verified Reviewer

I purchased a Kenmore fridge for $2000.00 on October 17, 2017 and paid several hundred dollars for 5 year extended warranty.

On August 11th, 2020 we noticed water near the fridge and thought the fridge was warm. On Wedesday, August 12th, we found the freezer full of water and all of the food thawed and unable to use or eat.

We called the repair center again. After long wait, we were told Sears had sent a Work Request out and that a technician would at our house Friday, August 14th between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm. I received a text confirmation of this appt.

On Friday, August 14th, the technician had not arrived by 12:20. I called Sears warranty and after a long hold (45 min), the representative said they were "running late." I called again at 2:45pm and was told they were still running behind.

Called a 3rd time at 4:45 and was then told that the repair company (3rd Party) never received the work order. They said this issue was escalated to the overflow department and they would call me within 24 to 48 hours.

Forward to Tuesday, August 17th i called Sears again long 50+ minutes hold time. Was told the original work order never canceled but would be escalated....again.

Now it's Tuesday, August 25th and no resolution. I have called multiple times, spoke to the overflow department on Monday, August 24th after a 57 minute hold time.

Was told, "stop being rude (i wasnt) or do you not want my help. Was told she closed out the original work order and a new appointment set up for tomorrow, Wednesday August 26th.

Since i didnt get the text confirmation, I called the 3rd party vendor and NO they dont have any request from Sears.

More that 2 weeks, about 10 hours on the phone without ANY movement on the repair.

I want to get help resolving this scam

User's recommendation: The worst service ever received from Sears.

Sears Pros: Sears used to carry good quality appliances, Used to depend on sears for 52 yrs, Warranty offer.

Sears Cons: Phone service about my return, Refusal to provide resolution, Call tree routing, Dishonesty, Not delivered.

Comments

#1919051

Throw it out and buy a new one. Sears will never get it fixed

Sears Reviews