This happened about 2 years ago and I'm still angry. I bought a lawn tractor with a mulching kit at the Vero Beach, FL Sears store.

The salesman said I could have 12 months to pay interest free. I said that it would not be necessary because I always pay my charge accounts in full every month, therefore there would be no interest.

He kept insisting that it would be foolish not to take advantage of the offer. After the 4th or 5th go around I finally said "OK, but it's not necessary" just so he would finish ringing up the sale and I could leave.

When I got home I went on-line to register my warranty and spotted the "No interest for 12 months" but there was also a choice of that or a 5% rebate on the sale which would have saved me $85 - $90. I selected the rebate and it was rejected because I already selected the "No Interest" option.

I immediately called customer service and spoke to numerous people and they all had a flippant attitude so I was out of luck on the rebate.

Why did the salesman practically demand that I accept the "No Interest" offer when I made it clear to him that I always pay the full balance of my accounts before the due date?

I now buy my tools, etc. at Lowe's, Home Depot or Amazon.com. In fact, I now need 6 new tires for my motorhome and will not get them at Sears.

Comments

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with someone that worked at Sears. Remember though it was that one sales person that did you wrong and not necessarily the company.

The sales person should have been a little more ethical and told you both offers instead of just one. Also, it is partly your fault as well. You didn't want the no interest so should have stood your ground. I work for a vacation company and we get complaints like this sometimes as well.

We deal with the situation and either write up or terminate that employee.

If you complain to the right people with Sears, I'm sure the same thing would happen there, too. Hope this helps put another perspective to it.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #368813

You posted that this happened two years ago.Dont dweal on past history.With your wineing Sears is probuly better off not having you as a customer.Now you can do your wineing about Lowe's.