I had purchased 2 high end stainless steel appliances from Sears and they were delivered and installed June 12, 2010. The 2 jokers who delivered my refrigerator had no club on how to get my refrigerator through the door and then told me it would not fit in the space where my previous one was.

I had to tell them to take the doors off to bring into the house and then told them a way that it would fit in the allotted space. I am a small female unlike the 2 burly guys. Their installer from American Home Service damaged my adjoining cabinet when installing my dishwasher. I immediately called to report this and hoping that they would send someone out to repair my cabinet.

Never heard from them. After a few weeks I started calling and Sears kept giving me different phone numbers and never geting satisfaction. Was also told to call their insurance company, Sedgwick, which I did and was given a case number and telling me they would "get back to me". Anoother wait with no call backs.

When I call them again they can't find the case # nor do they know the person I spoke with. Went to Sears website for chat and they take the info and said I would be contacted shortly. Shortly never came. After many more phone calls to different numbers, being transferred multiple times I spoke with someone who asked me to send an estimate, gave me email address and case number.

I had no clue as to who to call for this estimate and called kitchen remodelers who were not interested in this small job. Finally one of them told me to contact a handy man. I found one online and he came out and gave me the estimate. Sent this off in email to where I was told to send it.

Waited another 2 weeks or so and no reply. I again caled Sears and nobody knew where I had sent it and had no idea whose email address it was that it was sent to. More runaround!!!!! After some time of going thru all of this I was given another number and this person said they would track this down.

Anyhoo, when they did find the estimate they said they would submit it for payment. Called me later to say it was approved and I should be getting the check. Needless to say I never have gotten the check. They contacted me again to tell me they would send it to the handyman.

I am insisting that it comes to me and I feel I can take it from there. They are still refusing even though I signed a form saying I would release them from any future liabiliy for the damage. I called Sears CO in IL but they are unable to do anything about this. Sears is losing my business.

This was my first and last purchase. I am remodeling a 2nd property and will need appliances, flooring, furniturer, etc which I figure will amount to at least 30K. If Sears does not want to look out for their customers then I do not want any association again with them. I even asked them if they could credit my account in the amount of the damages but they refuse to do so.

My next step is to talk to an attorney and perhaps at least take them to small claims court which will cost them more in the long run.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

This has been an old sayng that Sears needs to be reminded of.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 11, 2010.

Comments

#199647

To Ms. DesertGal,

My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I am very concerned about what I have read here. I can only imagine the frustration this experience has caused you. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (DesertGal) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Cares

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #199344

Send a certfied letter to Sears CEO Edward Lambert, Sears Holding 3333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179. If his complaint department does not get your problem taken care of IN A TIMELY MANNER, File a complaint with your states Attorney Generals office against Sears.