With Company response Not resolved

I placed an order at the start of June for three items. A few days later, I got one item. After an additional week went by, I checked the status of the order to find that it had been signed for by someone other than myself. While this is typical these days, when I've had missing orders with other vendors, I receive a replacement in a matter of days. But Sears chooses to treat their customers like criminals -- in other words, like I just decided to try to get a duplicate order out of them.

I signed up for the ShipVantage program which costs $79 annually to try it out and to get merchandise quickly. I ordered merchandise that was subsequently signed for by someone other than myself. I never authorized anyone other than myself to sign for my merchandise. Sears' customer service representatives refused to have those items re-delivered for MY signature. It is extremely disappointing that Sears will take no responsibility for UPS' indiscretions. I will never place another order with Sears.com, visit a Sears store again. I will post a story about this incident on every consumer website available, so that I can keep someone else from experiencing this kind of treatment.

So much for Sears' "worry free shopping" with ShipVantage. How Sears has the audacity to charge customers for this kind of shipping program which guarantees nothing is really appalling. If I'd know that Sears would take no responsibility for the way that UPS conducts itself, I never would have signed up to try the service in the first place. The only "advantage" that anyone has with this fraudulent product for Sears. Just like with medical insurance, this product, the "guarantee" that you get is that if you do not receive your merchandise at all, when UPS has someone other than YOU sign for it, Sears will do absolutely nothing to correct the situation. Not only did Sears refuse to re-deliver the missing merchandise, but they also refused to issue a refund!

It is over a two weeks later and I got a call from UPS tracking to let me know that they have that confirmed delivery to a former address. Apparently, Sears made two different orders out of the one and shipped two items to a former listed address. Why they couldn't figure this out when I first called to let them know I did not receive the packages is beyond me. Still, rather than correct the situation and send out replacement items, they treated me as though I were in some fraud ring. All over around $30! UPS told me I had to contact Sears to find out the status of the order. So I call Sears and they go "We will have to contact UPS!" I'm so fed up now that I don't care about the two missing items and all I want is my money back.

One thing is for sure. Never again will I ever shop at Sears.com. EVER. I'd advise everyone else who is considering shopping at that website to be aware that if their merchandise is not received, there is not a *** thing you can do about it. I made a report to my credit card company and they then asked me to mail in documentation for an online order! Go figure. My guess is that by now, that stuff is being enjoyed by someone at the old building I lived in. If the stuff is actually recovered, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do try to deliver it to the new address – sometime way in the future. But that would mean that they were paying attention and actually looked at the new address which has been provided several times during this whole mess.

Way to go, Sears! You just lost another customer, for life.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Commercesd,

I apologize for the mess that has become of your online purchase. We certainly hate loosing you as a customer over this issue and would appreciate the opportunity to get this resolved. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the online order was placed with (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Commercesd) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.