With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Mar 06, 2012

An update:

Sears Social Media Support called Friday and left a message and stated that he would call back on Saturday if I did not here from him. Approximately 30 minutes later I returned his call.

It is Tuesday 5:00 pm CST and still no call back. To make matters worse, I called last Monday to check on my refund and was told it takes 7-10 days to show up.

Today I called and no credit has been issued. Please DO NOT shop at Sears if you do not want to jump through hoops and stay on top of every detail of your transaction.

Original review posted by user Feb 29, 2012

I wanted to relay to you how disappointed I am in Sears. I purchased a gazebo online for 899.99. Additionally, I elected to have it installed and paid $500+ to have the gazebo installed and delivered. I received an e-mail confirming that the order was placed and in the e-mail it stated that I would receive a phone call from the installer to set up the time for delivery and installation on February 23, 2012. On February 24, I placed a call to the installation department and was told that the installer would call by 6 p.m. on the 24th to schedule. At 6 p.m. I did not receive a call and was told then that the installer would call by 9 p.m. At 9:00 p.m. there was still no phone call and the delivery and install were set up online for February 25.

At 8 a.m. on February 25, I again called the installation number. I was told that I was on the schedule and that they would try and call the installer to call me.

At 11 a.m. I called again and was told that I was on the schedule and that they would try to reach the installer.

At around 1 p.m. I again called and was told this time that a "market manager" was notified and that someone from Sears would be in touch.

At around 3 p.m. I called the fourth time (7 calls total so far) and was told that I was the last delivery for the day and that the installer should be on his way. I am not sure how this person could see the route when no previous representative shared this information.

At 5 p.m. there was no gazebo, no phone call and no concern on the part of your company that

1. I was a disappointed customer

2. I had wasted a whole day waiting for a delivery that never showed up.

3. Had made seven phone calls to rectify a poor situation.

On Monday, February 27 I received a phone call from a company called Tri Star. They left a message saying that they were calling to schedule the install of the gazebo. About 45 minutes later, I returned the call and left a voice mail message to have them call me back. To date, I have not heard back from them.

SInce there was no concern on Sears part, I called Monday evening late to cancel the order and get a refund.

I called today and my card is still charged and was told it would take 7 to 10 days to get the refund. I work in retail. It does not take 7 to 10 days to process a refund to a customers card.

I know $1500 may not be a large sale for your company but it is major expense for me. I loved the gazebo and was excited not to have to assemble it myself. I am extremely disappointed that I will now have to begin a new search for a gazebo for my patio and even more disappointed at the apparent way Sears treats and values its customers.

If past experience is any indication, I doubt I will get a response but I did want you to know that you have lost a customer. I will be closing my account and rest assured I will not purchase from your company ever again. I will also ensure that all of my social media contacts (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, et al) are aware of the poor service your company provides.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

srivolta

No follow up Brian. Called back Friday and no one has called me since.

It's now Tuesday.

This level of service to rectify a problem is indicative how how Sears values it's customers. Shameful!

I feel your frustration. We, four family members have had problems getting appliances delivered and service repairs done in a timely manner.

They always say they will call you back and then they don't or they have some excuse. It's not fun putting your food in coolers and you end up throwing food away. It gets expensive taking your family out to eat.Going to the laundry mat is a hassle and costly. Taking off work unpaid sometimes 2 or 3 times to get something repaired is maddening.Isn't the internet amazing?

Now Brian at Sears is responding to complaints and sounds sincere about making things right.

It should never have gotten to the point where we have to vent on the internet to get things taken care of in a professional timely manner.He doesn't need to respond to this comment.

He can keep his Sears gift card or whatever he offers. It's too little too late.

We are no longer purchasing their appliances.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Srivolta,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We are truly sorry to hear of all the trouble you have encountered with the delivery of your gazebo, and the installation of the unit. We value you as a customer, and would like the chance to speak with you more about this situation. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the gazebo was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Srivolta you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.