3.4

My refrigerator stopped cooling, purchased by previous owner at Sears, so I thought I'd call to see what they could do. They came out the next morning, very good automated booking system, guy showed up on time, professional, that's where all the good stopped.

$95.00 service call, but I knew that going in. However, after 5 minutes pulled out a blown relay, said it needs to be replaced (obviously it did). However, quoted me $105.00 for the part and $279 for labor. Are you F$&$&$$* kidding me?

I know high-end corporate lawyers who don't charge $280 for 5 min of work. Looking online, the part would cost $56 with $7 S+H. I'll accept the markup, but the labor killed me. All of a sudden, the repairman said "Oh, there is a 20% off coupon if that helps..." ummmm, yes.

Glad you mentioned something out of the kindness of your heart. So, like an *** and being impatient, I said "fine." So, yes, the fridge is fixed, but seriously. Ripoff. And to make matters worse, the mobile payment processing system the guy carried made it all worse.

Right as I was swiping my card he says, "Oh, by the way, 99% of the time the banks will recognize this as fraudulent because our account is in Cali and not here in AZ. You'll have to confirm with you bank that it's okay." Great. So now I have to spend 30 minutes on hold with my bank to verify that "yes, I am agreeing to be ripped off by Sears, thanks." Now, strangely, they have a GREAT reservation system, with multiple emails leading up to my appointment and all this uber-customer-friendly stuff. But as soon as the service was done, nothing.

Silence. Not even a "thanks for your patronage" email. Finally, I get an email asking to rate my experience and I get a link to a Google+ page with no further links to review anything. Cute.

Needless to say, I will never utilize their services again. They are overpriced and no longer are the company they used to be.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Repairman.

I didn't like: Customer service, Payment experience, Poor followup, Overpriced parts, Overpriced service fees.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 14, 2016.

Comments