3.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Oct 19, 2016

After further back and forth, Sears finally gave me the straight scoop to say that they do not compensate for lost time. So delivery screw ups by either Sears or the delivery company are the customers fault and you will receive no sympathy from Sears.

Following this I had no choice but to drop the dispute and pay the charge.

Original review posted by user Sep 19, 2016

Sears cancelled the delivery date for a new dryer three times and successfully delivered on the fourth. For each delivery date I received confirmation the day before delivery (or sooner).

After the first cancellation I called the delivery company the day/night before and verified the dryer would be delivered the following day. For two of the scheduled delivery days they called to cancel. For one of them they just didnt show up and I had to call. The nature of my dissatisfaction is that I had to stay home from work (1/2 days) all four times.

(The dryer works fine and is not part of my issue.)

I then disputed the charge with Sears (lost time at work). Twice. The first time I received a form letter informing me my dispute was rejected because the dryer was delivered and in my possession. I told them that they missed the point and they are welcome to come and take back the dryer.

No response, so I re disputed. The second time I was rejected because "we have no recourse available to recover the funds", whatever that means. I will now elevate this dispute.

Regardless, this has been a horrible customer service experience and I am through with Sears. Been a long time customer for appliances, but there are other options.

NJhomeowner wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $630 and wants Sears to "either take back the dryer or compensate for time lost. dont make your inability to fullfill delivery dates the customer's problem".

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service total disregard for nature of dispute. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears and sears delivery service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments