Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I have been a loyal and reasoonably happy Sears customer since 1986.The treatment I have gotten this week is an embarrassment to even be called service.

My dryer quit and I tried to call for repair appt. Was told that it had to be done online. Ok- fine- I hate doing it that way but I will. Scheduled for 1-5pm today.

Got an email confirmation and also a text that said I would be contacted with a narrower arrival window. Never heard another word. Called at 3:15 and automated line said technician was due between 3 and 5pm. At 6pm I called and after 4 tries got connected to a barely English speaking lady who informed me that my appointment had been cancelled due to technicians do not work overtime.

No call, no text, no email, no nothing to let me know that I was waiting for absolutely no reason. No offer by the woman to reschedule- she said she'd route the request to that department and someone will contact me to reschedule.

Pretty sure if someone ever calls (which I seriously doubt after this horrid experience) that I will have already made other arrangements.I am pretty sure there are local rpeair companies just as good and based on today probably 1000x better than Sears is which is a shame since they were the best of the best for 50 years.

Review about: Sears Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Want my dryer looked at by a capable tehcnician who actually shows up.

I liked: Back when they knew how to take care of their customers.

Comments

Consider yourself lucky they didn’t show up.You would have paid double what it will cost you with a local repair company.

And you would have been harassed about purchasing a home warranty with them that covers nothing when you need to use it.Rochester NY

to Anonymous #1437487

Are you a disgruntled ex employee?. Has it gotten you anywhere or any satisfaction? How old are you Rochester, NY?