1.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I recently bought a nice self propelled lawn mower from my local Sears Home store. Now, I had bought a slightly cheaper craftmas not more than 14 months ago.

When it stopped working I was told through the employees that it would be fixed under warranty (I found out today that was untrue). They said I would be better off buying a new mower. So I stupidly did. A more expensive Craftsman for about $500.

Fast forward 4 months and it wouldn’t start this morning. I figured it’s under warranty (thinking te warrantly was only a year at this point) so I folded it up and brought it to the store. Come to find out the local store is going out of business. They can’t do any repairs and don’t care.

Wouldn’t even print me the warranty info. I go home upset and call the customer service number. They don’t understand the store is closing and won’t help. They tell me to go to the store 45 min away which I do.

They tell me when I get there that. Need to drive another 30 min ton an small engine repair shop. Upon arriving, I am told it’s the carb and the warranty won’t cover it EVEN though I have been diligent about using only ethanol free gas. Because I can’t prove it or shall I say, they can’t prove that, they won’t cover it (I can prove it but they are saying that doesn’t matter).

So then I am told $85 to clean it but then if that doesn’t work it will be an additional $65 plus labor for a new one. So why not JUST put in the new one. I am a single parent and can’t afford all this. Because I am female I also feel snowed by the repair man.

I have tried calling Craftsman customer service but the line no longer accepts calls because they have been bought out by Stanley Black and Decker. Any suggestions?

Comments