We purchased a Water Heater in August 2011. The manufacturer date on heater is July 2011. The PRV failed and on Sunday 3/6/2016, our water heater bulged out, on the edge of bursting and most likely completely flooding our garage. We noticed a tiny leak on the back of the heater which caused water to shoot out and possibly salvaged us from dealing with a massive flood.

On Monday morning 3/7/16, I called Sears several times to get resolution. The first rep, a woman, hung up on me. The second rep, a different woman, confirmed the unit had a 9 year warranty but the earliest they would be able to get a technician out to confirm the unit was leaking was 3/16/16. Obviously, for a family of four that would not suffice. That woman gave us a contact number to a different place and there I spoke to a man who insisted my heater's manufacturer date was 1/1/2007. After some discussion he also said he would try to get a technician out sooner than said date of 3/16/16. The following morning 3/8/16, I called again to try to resolve my problem and I spoke to another rep who confirmed that a technician would be sent out 3/9/2016 between 1pm and 5pm. During the numerous calls, I was not advised ONE time that I would need to pay $95.00 for a technician to come out and tell me what was obvious.

We paid nearly $400 for our water heater in 2011. Now being forced to fork out another nearly $100.00 for nothing more than being told “Yes. You are correct. The heater is faulty."

SERIOUSLY!

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears water heater for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

This just happened to us. Found leak last night and called Sears.

They can't get here for four days and it'll cost $95 for service call. Thing is I've drained it so it wouldn't leak out in our garage. So what will service tech say? Ours is Power Miser 9 that's only 5 1/2 years old.

How did Sears finally work out? Did you have to pay a labor charge on top of original service call?