On March 3, 2018, at approximately 10am, I and my wife visited the Buena Park Sears located off La Palma Ave. in Southern California.

We had with us 2 articles of baby clothing that were purchased for my 1 year old daughter as a recent gift for her birthday. We were not provided with a gift receipt or original receipt. Our friends forgot to ask for a gift receipt, and did not want to include the original receipt for obvious reasons (they purchased the clothes as a GIFT). We went into the store with the intent to simply exchange the clothing (brand new, out of the box, original tags still attached) for a larger size, since the size that was purchased was too small.

We were told that the sears "POLICY" was that an original receipt/gift receipt is mandatory for a return, refund, and/or an exchange. I didn't understand that as the tags clearly said "Sears" on them. Let me not forget to tell you that the sales associate also had the nerve and gall to tell me that at the time of purchase ALL sales associates ask purchasers if a gift receipt is required, and that our friend had the chance to ask for a gift receipt at the point of purchase. WOW!

I asked to speak to a manager, unfortunately I had the experience of speaking with the STORE MANAGER SANDRA (who of course nobody knew her last name at this very store - asked 2 different employees). Sandra rudely walked up to the cashiers area, stood about 15 feet away from us, and began speaking only to the sales associate. I interjected and attempted to tell SANDRA that the items purchased were a gift and that we didn't have the receipts - before I could even finish my story, SANDRA at BUENA PARK cut me off and proceeded to adamantly state that there is nothing she can do and walked off!! Shocking, appalling, disgusting, inferior, discourteous, rude, unprofessional, and glad they are closing 39 stores.

I was actually thinking of purchasing a $3000 fridge from this store, but after that encounter with SANDRA at BUENA PARK, I too stormed off! Called their corporate number, and even they backed up their ridiculous policy. Who runs this sham of a store anyway? Who endorsed this horrific policy?

Rules are rules, policies are policies, but there are exceptions to be made too. I was one of those exceptions, and if one is knowledgeable about customer service, this would never have happened.

I'm glad this pathetic excuse for a store is losing sales. I'm sure their lack of customer service skills has played a part in it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Customer service, Worst service ever.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 03.

Comments