I use to work at Sears in River Oaks Mall, Calumet City, IL a few years ago while I was searching for new employment.Well last week while watching my local news there was a story on about a man that bought a filing cabinet from a sale of fixtures from closed Sear's stores in the area.

Well low and behold he said he opened up the cabinet there were 100s of ex-employees files. Social Security numbers, DL, names and bank info. He tried to call Sears and to no response he called the local TV station. Well after putting this on the air Sears came and picked up the filing cabinet and offered the man $100.00 gift card.

I hope this man is honest and did not copy any info or show this info to anyone as I KNOW what ID theft can do to you and I don't want ( or anyone else) to have to go through this *** again. I called Sears HR department and they acted *** and said they have no clue what I am talking about. Just trying to cover there *** I guess. Hope and pray they pay for this.

This is one of the most careless things I have ever seen an employer do!!!!

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #747670

We all KNOW that they are beyond incompetent.I really think that a good strong class action lawsuit would be just what the doctor ordered.

It's too bad that people don't ban together and sue for damages. That would probably be enough to finish them off in the process.

It's too bad.It's the end of another era.