I bought a mattress set from Sears for $720. It came with an 8 year guarantee. The salesman said if it should wear out within that time, I would only be charged about $60 to replace it. Well, it wasn't a year before I noticed a Fred and Ethel Mertz depression in the middle. I procrastinated some and it got worse so called them about it. They had me take a bunch of pictures. Then they approved the exchange. The problem is, this same bed is now $100 more expensive so I'd have to opt for a cheaper quality bed. How much cheaper could they get? I may never find out. Also, it's $69.99, more like $70. On a fixed income $10 is a lot of money.

Their customer service employee, Roland, was so condescending and rude to me because I guess my questions were too ***, and I'm old. I ended up very upset and had to hang up. Then he kept calling me back - on Saturday - after I told him how upset I was and that I wasn't going to put up with his treatment.

Now, I finally got up enough courage to see it through and they say it's been more than 30 days and I have to start all over again.

I used to work for Sears, back when Customer Service was a real thing. I don't recognize this store anymore, they're mean and greedy, and you can be sure, they're never going to see another dime from me. And since they own Kmart, I won't be going there, either.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of simmons bedding company mattress from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments