I bought a mattress set from Sears for $720. It came with an 8 year guarantee. The salesman said if it should wear out within that time, I would only be charged about $60 to replace it. Well, it wasn't a year before I noticed a Fred and Ethel Mertz depression in the middle. I procrastinated some and it got worse so called them about it. They had me take a bunch of pictures. Then they approved the exchange. The problem is, this same bed is now $100 more expensive so I'd have to opt for a cheaper quality bed. How much cheaper could they get? I may never find out. Also, it's $69.99, more like $70. On a fixed income $10 is a lot of money.

Their customer service employee, Roland, was so condescending and rude to me because I guess my questions were too ***, and I'm old. I ended up very upset and had to hang up. Then he kept calling me back - on Saturday - after I told him how upset I was and that I wasn't going to put up with his treatment.

Now, I finally got up enough courage to see it through and they say it's been more than 30 days and I have to start all over again.

I used to work for Sears, back when Customer Service was a real thing. I don't recognize this store anymore, they're mean and greedy, and you can be sure, they're never going to see another dime from me. And since they own Kmart, I won't be going there, either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Simmons Bedding Company Mattress.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 16, 2016.

Comments