This review is two years overdue (work done in summer 2015), but when I wiped down my kitchen counters this morning, I was reminded of how displeased we were with their workmanship and decided it was time to post a review. We have a very small kitchen and decided to get new countertops (small L shaped, that's it) and a backsplash.

The salesperson who came out was very nice and spent 2 hours with us. We told her what we wanted, and she recommended going with their version of Corian. Uh ... no way was our countertop even close to Corian.

It's hollow, not solid, and just so cheaply made. The contractor Sears hired to do the work did a pretty shoddy job. The guy who owned the company was recovering from a serious injury to his hand, and didn't do the job himself but sent out two other guys, and they did such *** work. The countertop was crooked (bad cut job, I suppose), and we could see the seams in a few spots.

We complained, so they cut another piece and we waited another week or so before they came out to reinstall. By the way, when they took off the first install, we could see that they when they removed our old tile countertops, they left all the debris under the dishwasher and under cabinets. No care whatsoever. When we tried getting in touch with the lady who sold us the countertop/backsplash, she never returned our calls (after she'd told us that she would be there for us throughout the entire project, start to finish).

We live in Northern VA, and the Sears office was located in Baltimore, so was the company who installed the countertops. The Sears people there were no help. They reminded me more than once that the owner of the countertop company almost lost his hand, and was doing the best he could under the circumstances. I'm sorry the guy was injured, and wish the best for his recovery, but that was Sears' problem, not ours.

We'd already paid $4500.00 for our project. The countertop reinstall was a tad better than the first, but still not what we'd expected. The owner of the countertop company did come out on the second install and apologized and said the work wasn't up to the standard that he would've done, and he gave us a check for $200.00 for all the trouble. Sears did nothing.

So, we got stuck with a countertop we weren't happy with and paid WAY TOO MUCH money for it. It's cheap, the seams are visible, and there are even a few little dings on the top.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor quality workmanship.

Comments