Until now, we have bought all of our major appliances at Sears -- but NEVER again!

We bought a Maytag dryer and the delivery date was set for a week later. On the day of the delivery, I was looking forward to arriving home to find my old dryer gone and my new dryer hooked up and ready to process a week of dirty clothes.

Instead I found the dryer in the middle of the downstairs hall, blocking all access. The old dryer was gone but the new dryer wouldn't fit through the door so they just left it! My daughter explained that we would need to solve the door problem (that makes sence) and then call them to have it installed. However, they didn't leave a number to call.

I had to crawl over the dryer to just get in my bedroom!

I removed the door (easy) and moved the dryer into place. I then had no choice except to hook it up myself so we could have some clean clothes to wear.

When I purchased the dryer, I also purchased a new power cord (not included?) and a new exhaust hose. They didn't leave an exhaust hose and the power cord they installed was the wrong one. I spent the evening running back and forth to Home Depot getting the necessary parts, installing the parts and getting the dryer hooked up. WHAT A PAIN!! And I had paid extra to have this done for me!

The next day I called Sears to complain about the incident and get a refund of the extra parts I had paid for. They were nice about it, apologized for the "inconvenience" and promised a quick refund. Then they did nothing.

A number of days later I called back and yelled at them. They apologized again and promised a refund. They even offered a gift card for all the problems. Then they did nothing.... again.

I called back today and spoke to a manager who explained that I had to take this up with the store -- they couldn't do anything about it.

AHHHH!!!

So I called the Sears store and wrestled through their ASININE automatic phone system only to be hung up on twice and dropped in a void once. Once I ended up speaking to their credit card service, who (of course) couldn't help me and told me to "call the store". I still have not been able to speak to a human by calling SEARS.

D&#* YOU SEARS!!

So it is worth it to drive half a hour to the store to get my $30 refund?

I probably will just to vent my extreme anger AT THE ENTIRE STORE, AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!!

How is it that a major store like this can have such poor service now?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good place to buy appliances?

Comments

Chester, South Carolina, United States #780438

Sears and Kmart were both bought by a n1gg3r who knows nothing about the retail business. He is more interested in owning real estate than anything else.

Sears and Kmart were both bought by a *** who knows nothing about the retail business. He is more interested in owning real estate than anything else.

I agree. Sears customer service will repeatedly tell you that they "understand your frustration," but then they will tell you that they can't do anything about it.

Jan 23 2012 dryer needed repair, about 3-4 weeks later said parts not available.

Called Sears 1-800-469-4663 was told it will be replaced.

two weeks later called again, they said just waiting for authorization ?

Two weeks later call again, told we do not replace items, you will get a buyout. Ok, so what is the buyout, I'll fwd it to a mgr and they will call you back in a couple days.

Loooog story shore and 30 more phone calls in between ( which never get returned to me ) I bought another dryer NOT FROM SEARS.

two months ago I was told they'll finally send me a $300 gift card for my $13000 dryer that cant be fixed. called them a couple times they're like it takes 4-6 weeks, so after close to two months I finally find out is was not processed at all. but they say they will process it now, sure....

Snowblower : this is rich, prior to above they call me in April 2009, we have a special on warranties for your snowblower, it is only $80, so I foolishly say ok. Nine months later I need serice phone them up and am told the warranty expired ? I told her that I just renewed it in April she said what you bought was a pro rated warranty, it expired in September ! so Sears sold me a summer warranty for my Snowblower !!!! That is criminal......

No. To the *** on where to shop for appliances--there is none.

You are a dumb ***--if you want to scream to get 30 dollars back then something is wrong with you. Apparently you don't realize there is a God. Your death bed is near you dumb ***. How about you learn how to be a better person in society and you won't get messed over.

I swear all these whining idiots--put me in a cage with you and I'd make you all bloody. You are all idiots who whine. Shut up!

You go to the competition--Best Buy? They are closing down and don't know appliances at all!

Home Depot and Lowe's same thing! Sears is the only person with expertise on Appliances--its a shame all the thousands of people who have amazing appliances in their homes don't spend the time you delusional products of BAD PARENTING have like you idiots in writing all this bull.

I just wanted to google this to see if their were idiots and wow--my blood is boiling at how *** society is. *** all of you whining idiots.

You all are idiots. You truly are.

What are you comparing Sears against? What the *** retailer treats you better? You are all products of bad parenting I swear. God needs to wipe out this planet and kill all of us.

I swear the people in this society make me cringe. You whine like an *** when Sears is the only retailer that has stores with more than people who take your money--cashiers. Walmart only has money takers, Target only has money takers, Jc Penny only has money takers. Sears is the only one my family and parents shop at.

We have not had one bad experience. But as one of my professors said--more popular are more the haters come out. It is sad--*sigh.

Ill walk away--all I can do is hope you all die and your family does too. Stop whining and realize you probably did something retarded.

I had been a loyal Sears customer my whole life, and I had bought ALL my home appliances there. Then I bought this service agreement.

I feel now that I have been treated so poorly by Sears that I will NEVER buy anything from this company again. The "service protection" agreement seems to mean that I have to wait on hold, call back many times, get promises to be called back that are never followed up on, wait weeks for a service person to come to my home, have the service person stand me up or show up 30 minutes after the 8 hour window of time I took off from work to wait for him, and be told that NO ONE can deal with my complaint or do anything to help me. The website services are a joke - you're constantly urged to make appts there, but then the website tells you to call.

Sears apparently feels that since they already took my money, they can now treat me like ***. I WILL be posting this same msg online wherever I can.

to KW #739829

It is a real shame that Sears has decided not to do anything about customer service, but instead get employee shills to get online and diss customers who have had insane trouble with Sears.

Sounds like the behavior of a political party, not a business:

After being a loyal customer for 30 years, I will NEVER buy anything again from Sears! On Sept 1 my oven broke, a 2300$$$$ oven!

It was not until Sept 21 that they sent a refrigerator repairman, he did not even know how to turn my oven on! The part was ordered, and today, finally, I was scheduled for a repeat visit. THEY SENT THE SAME REFRIGERATOR REPAIRMAN WHO DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX AN OVEN, AND HE DID IT INCORRECTLY. I am still without a working oven, and I have to turn off the power as it is a fire hazard.

No one will call me. This is the 3rd repair on a very expensive Bosch oven.

They will not replace it. I am never ever going to buy anything at again at sears....NO customer service.

THIS IS A COPY OF A LETTER I MAILED AND EMAILED ON SEPTEMBER 6, 2011. TO DATE, NO ONE FROM SEARS HAS RESPONDED TO ME.

SEARS National Customer Service Centre

c/o President's Office

500 College Street East

Belleville ON K8N 5L3

www.searshomeservice.ca

home@sears.ca

September 6, 2011

To whom it may concern;

We are writing to bring to your attention a succession of distressing events stemming from a recent purchase at Sears Home, 3050 Vega Boulevard in Mississauga.

On May 22nd we worked with Appliance Consultant Harvinder Kang. Impressed with Harvinder’s knowledge and salesmanship we purchased a dishwasher, microwave, fridge, stove, washer, dryer and pedestals.

We selected a delivery date of July 21st, and were assured by Harvinder that “nothing would show up on our statement until after delivery”.

When we received my June statement the purchases appeared, causing us to return to the store to have the billing rectified.

***

On Sunday August 7th (17 days after delivery), we contacted Product Repair Services because our fridge was malfunctioning. We were told that the first available technician would arrive on “Tuesday August 9th sometime between 8 am and 8pm”.

We were troubled to learn that given the urgency of our situation, we were asked to wait 48 hours. All of the food in our freezer was thawing, our meat was spoiling and we had to impose on our neighbours and family for aid. In our minds a refrigerator supersedes any other appliance service call given that a fridge must be operational 24 hours a day.

***

On Monday August 8th, a technician turned up unannounced and unexpected, leaving a ticket inside our door advising us that we had “missed” our service call.

Baffled, we contacted Product Repair Services, posing how it was that a technician showed up a day early without even so much as a phone call. Regrettably we were not extended an explanation, only warned that we needed to “reschedule for the following day”.

***

On Tuesday August 9th, a technician confirmed that our brand new fridge required a new “mother board”. A critical component of the appliance was inoperative. The technician ordered the part and advised us that Sears would contact us within “48 hours” to conduct the repair.

***

On Friday August 12th (72 hours later), we received a voicemail from Sears that our part was on “backorder” and our “tentative service date will be Friday August 19th. This equates to 12 days after first contact with Product Repair Services. We were unclear as to how Product Repair Services expected us to survive nearly 2 weeks without our most critical appliance – our fridge. We did not understand how Product Repair Services did not have a major component readily available in stock.

***

We placed a call on Wednesday August 17th to confirm the arrival window of a technician on Friday August 19th, only to be acquainted with the fact that our “mother board was not in yet” and that the expected arrival date was “unknown”.

There was a gaping void of understanding from the Product Repair Service representative as to the gravity of our circumstances. There was no offer of alternatives, nor any opportunity to escalate our call to a manager or supervisor for assistance.

Destitute, we took it upon ourselves to call Samsung directly for help, only to be abruptly informed that they “don’t take on Sears customers” and that there is some treaty in effect whereby Samsung is “not allowed to talk to Sears customers because Sears has their own parts and service people”.

Feeling more helpless than ever, we made the decision to return our defective fridge before our “30 day satisfaction guarantee” lapsed. We knew that we could no longer endure spoiled food or sustain imposing on neighbours and family.

***

On Sunday August 21st, we met with Associate Store Manager Charlotte Washington, who offered to replace the defective fridge rather than accept its return. We accepted a replacement fridge, and purchased a 3 year extended warranty feeling utterly compelled to protect ourselves against further failings.

Although we appreciate that Charlotte Washington coordinated a replacement for us, we feel that this was an obvious response to a defective product and nothing more. The fact that Sears provided us with an inoperative fridge and replacement parts were not available, the fundamental expectation would have been a replacement.

We do not view Charlotte’s conduct as any form of compensation or reparation, merely a necessary conviction that Sears replace their faulty stock.

***

On Wednesday August 24th a new fridge was delivered to our home. When we arrived home from work that evening, we noticed a gray/white piece of plastic lying in our driveway and a tiny spring in our entrance. It was immediately apparent that Sears’s delivery personnel had broken off the “interlocking switch” during the delivery process when they removed the fridge doors to gain entry to our house and chose to suppress the damage.

Although we understand that accidents happen, we are certain that the Sears delivery crew failed to own up to the destruction. Having removed the fridge doors during delivery, it is an impossibility to have not seen the gleaming white plastic breakage of the “interlocking switch” against the gray stainless steel centre of the appliance.

Research into our user manual confirmed that our brand new fridge will never produce ice without an operational “interlocking switch”.

Anguished by such blatant dishonesty and further dismayed by the damage, we made yet another visit to Sears that same evening to report the damage to Charlotte Washington.

In lieu of Charlotte’s absence, we were assisted by “Julie” in Customer Service who was very deliberate in announcing to us that Wednesday August 24th was her “last day at the store”. Our understanding of Julie’s declaration was that she wasn’t going to be around to see our situation through. We could not have been made to feel less important or cared for.

After standing and waiting while Julie ordered us a replacement part, she provided us with a piece of paper denoting “September 27th” as the arrival date for our “interlocking switch”.

This would equate to a 34 day wait period to fix the damage incurred by Sears staff.

At no point during our visit did Julie apologize or address the behaviour of the delivery crew.

***

The next day, we contacted Charlotte Washington by phone begging her to find a means of expediting the delivery date of our broken part. Charlotte maintained that she was already exploring alternative sources, and stated that she had potential to secure the part “in 4 days”.

Charlotte also recommended that we report the damage to 1-800-664-1888 to avoid risk to our recently purchased 3 year warranty, which we did to “Gayle” at Customer Service Inquiries and Assistance on Thursday August 25th.

***

Without a follow-up call from Charlotte; on Friday August 26th, there was a message from Product Repair Services on our voicemail confirming that our part had landed and the technician would arrive on Saturday, August 27th between 12 pm and 4 pm.

We assumed of course that Charlotte Washington had come through for us and could not have felt greater satisfaction or relief!

***

When the technician arrived on Saturday August 27th, he attempted to replace the “mother board” for the initial fridge, and not the “interlocking switch” for our current fridge.

We could barely register our level of disappointment or fathom that we had lost our Saturday to Sears.

We telephoned Charlotte only to be promised that she would “investigate the mix up and get back to us”.

***

Despite leaving another message for Charlotte Washington on Wednesday August 31st, we have yet to hear back from Charlotte or any Sears representative for that matter.

To state that we are exhausted, wearied, discouraged or exasperated with Sears would be a flagrant understatement. We have invested an irrational number of hours with Sears to acquire a fully functional fridge.

With each call to Product Repair Services we have felt a severe level of indifference. We have yet to encounter a shred of empathy or any regret for all that we have undergone.

We made a deliberate decision to purchase all of our appliances from Sears given only the greatest reputation for service, yet zero effort has been made to compensate us or to salvage us as future customers.

We are asking that Sears National Customer Service Centre take time to validate our details above and provide us with compensation.

We are also asking that Sears National Customer Service Centre work with Product Repair Services to locate an “interlocking switch” for us, and orchestrate a service call at the first available evening or weekend.

Finally, we are seeking enlightenment in the form of an apology from Sears as to how the Product Repair Services Department does not seemingly carry replacement parts that would be necessary to service and ultimately satisfy Sears customers.

Respectfully yours,

Angela Hart

I know all inner workings of sears the process that they do to try and keep things in your home cheat you out of your

Money and discrimination

Go to IhateSears.com and tell your story. Where has good customer service gone?!?

My Maytag front load washer stopped working and gave an error code. I called Maytag, who referred me to A and E Factory Service. This was Fab. 8th. They didn't have an appointment available until Feb. 12th. OK. So Feb. 12th a guy comes and says he needs to order a part and come back Saturday the 19th. ***!!!

In the middle of the week, we get a delivery we didn't expect. It was the part. OK. No one told us we'd get a part, but whatever. We waited on the 19th. Finally I called in the afternoon only to find that the repair guy MOVED OUR APPOINTMENT TO MONDAY 21st without talking to us. Apparently that was OUR fault because WE didn't clal to tell them the part came in. Well, we didn't know we were SUPOPOSED to call. Right.

So Monday 21st my husband waits, the guy comes, installs the part, and leaves. On the first load, my husband discovers that the washer DOESN'T SPIN. He calls for service immediately and is told that they would "try" to get the service guy back out that day. No joy.

I called service and was told they couldn't do anything until 5:00. I called at 5:00, and they said they couldn't do anything until this service guy put in his notes or some such. Apparently there's NO ONE in the ENTIRE organization who can override their *** computer system (yeah, right). I had to call back the next day (today). I'm not even going into the times I was put on hold and dropped and had to call back or how difficult it was to get to a manager (who wouldn't do anything either).

So This morning I call at 7:05 to get someone to fix the @($#(@ machine. Right. There are no appointments available until Friday the 25th.

At this point, we've already been to a washateria and spent $12.00 on a couple of loads, we've spent $250.00 to "fix" the machine. We've spent three days hostage, waiting for the repair guy, and will have to go to the washateria AGAIN before spending another day of vacation on Friday held hostage waiting for the repair guy who may, or may not, show up.

I cannot tell you how frustrated I am. I used to buy Maytag without worry, but this is the LAST TIME. I didn't even buy the appliance at Sears, because I know how f-ed up Sears is. Now I'm also never buying Maytag or using A and E Factory Services. (fume, fume, fume)!!!! The saga continues.

I used to buy all my appliances from Sears, tools, etc.. But I would not spend another cent there.

Customer service stinks, they lie, and do not honour there products. Isn't that what Sears used to be, the store which customers came first?

I think when the exectives for the company decided to outsource to countries which Billy from India, or this is his English name who sits at a desk 3000 miles away and does not give a *** that I worked hard for my wages and to spend it at Sears now tells me how sorry he is for the service and is laughing at me. I hope Sears goes out of business.

sears got me w/their famous bait/switch scam. ordered 4 tires online.

after paying and receiving a 40.00 off store coupon they told me they were not available. had to order my 2nd brand choice costing 50.00 more. discovered they didnot apply the 40.00 coupon. called them and was told i would get a 40.oo on my credit card within 14 days.

has been over 21 days, no refund/credit. customerr dservice refers me to tire dept and visaversa.

nothing but runaround bull @ sears.. stay away!

never go to sears

never go to sears

#201496

AFTER WALKING ALL OVER THE WOMEN CLOTHING AREA (WITH A CANE) I NEEDED SOME HELPI HAD ONE QUESTION TO ASK REFERRING TO PETITE SIZES THERE WAS NOT ONE SALES PERSON IN THE AREA.I BEGAN COMPLAINING TO SOME OF THE OTHER CUSTOMERS AN ONE OF THE LADIES WENT OVER TO THE JEWELRY DEPT AND THEY CALLED FOR SOMEONE TO COME TO THE DEPT. I WAS IN THE STORE FOR A LONG AMOUNT OF TIME THAT IS TOO BIG OF A STORE FOR THE DEPTS,NOT TO HAVE COVERAGE.FOR THIS I HATE SEARS; NEVER AGAIN.

I have been without air since Aug. 10th.

I called they put me on a 3 week waiting list. They came out on the 31st ordered the part and told me to call and I would not be put back on a waiting list they will come on out. I get the part call the number the guy said, "if the tech is not out today they will be out tomorrow." The tech didn't show either day so I called back. They had put me back on a waiting list til Sept 9th.

After I was told they would not do that. :(

Ham Lake, Minnesota, United States #140847

I'm not even sure of the Kenmore Disposer model number (70541?), because it's in the trash now. This is more about the "Warrantee." On the paper I got with my disposer, it says this model comes with a "4-year Full Warrantee." No asterisks, no conditions, no caveats. Below that it says that if the disposer fails at any time within the warrantee period, Sears will repair and replace "at no expense to the consumer." So when my disposer failed after three years and six months, I called the 800 number, waited 20 minutes on hold, gave up, andI took it to a Sears service store. I was told they could do nothing, and that I had to take it home and call Home Service, and that it would cost me nothing because it was under warrantee. So I called the 800 number, waited 15 minutes on hold, and set up an appointment. When the repairman showed up, he claimed we had to pay him $20 for the trip, and only parts were covered under the warrantee, not labor. So I sent him on his way. I called the Sears 800 number, waited 20 minutes on hold, and was told it should be entirely free to me, and they would set up a new Home Service call. Then they put me on hold for 15 minutes. When they came back, they told me the warrantee was parts only, but the trip should be free.

That's when I trashed the Sears disposer, and went to Home Depot to buy an Insinkerator.

This was my third Sears disposer. The last two failed before the warrantee period. All they did for me last time was give me a pro-rated amount towards the purchase of a new disposer.

Never again. Sears has lost a customer. We have spent thousands in their store over the years. That's all over.

Apparently Sears has a policy of setting customer expectations, and then not meeting them.