I bough a Kenmore stove 4 years ago. Within a few months, the top of the stove burned underneath the glass and cannot be cleaned.

I called about this, but no one came out. I wasn't persistent and forgot about it. Since then a screw fell out of the door, the whole thing feel off and broke. Also, the anti-tip device that was suppose to be attached at the time of delivery, has not been attached.

I just found out about the anti-tip problem, which is very dangerous to children. I called the service dept. and they will not attach the device unless I pay a $129 service charge. They offered $50.00 off the charge, but since this is Sears' fault, I think the anti-tip device and door should be replaced free of charge.

I know the warranty is out, but this stove is a hazard and should be reported to you and taken care of. I have been a good customer--so take care of me.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #201017

J. Scott I see your taking care of Sears/Kmart complaints and I see were you also took care and awnsered a A+E Factory service complaint that a customer had.Sears got you pulling double duty. Well thank you for being one employee who can take care of customers of Sears/Kmart and A+E Factory service.

#195342

Dear Jogul30,

My name is Scott and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations. I found your post here and wanted to offer assistance. I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your range. I definitely see the cause for alarm and frustration with the anti-tip malfunction. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the range was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Jogul30) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.