I called Sears and asked to have someone sent out and look at my dishwasher. When I called I gave them my information.

Initially, they said that it would cost $60 to have someone come out. Then the customer service agent put me on hold, and when he came back he said my dishwasher was still under warranty and there would be no charge for sending anyone out to look at my dishwasher. When the technician came out, he looked at my dishwasher, said he wasn't able to fix anything because it was an installation issue. Then he proceeded to tell me that I was being charged $139.00 because I was no longer in the "customer instruct timeframe," which no one told me about before.

Also, we bought the dishwasher on December 2nd and I called January 2nd, but I was told tonight that that was past the 30 day mark. I had no idea there was a "customer instruct" or that there was a possibility that my visit could be charged.

When I first called Sears I was intending only to look around at my options to get my dishwasher looked at before I made my decision, but because I was told that I would NOT be charged, I decided to have sears come look at my dishwasher. Now I've had a technician charge me $139.00 to come out, look at my dishwasher, and not fix anything.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Installation.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Customer service, Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 04, 2015.

Comments

SearsCares

Hello there,

We want to discuss this further. Please reach out to us on one of our social channels so we can best assist you going forward:

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL   Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have!     Thank you, SearsCares

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States #925735

If you had someone install the dishwasher, hold them responsible. If it was Sears, you have 30 days from the date of installation, not just when purchased.

If you installed the dishwasher yourself, then expect to pay for your mistakes when you make them.

Had it been installed correctly, the manufacturers warranty would pay for repairs. Just for future reference, this applies to anything you purchase at any retailer.