With Company response

The wrong dryer was brought to my home but not off the truck as the delivery guy told me I needed a gas dryer and not the electrical one they had brought. He told me how frequently this happened.

Curiously, out of all the questions and verifications I had to go through on the phone, I was never once asked if I needed an electrical or gas dryer. And yet the delivery man said how often he had to deal with that. I was assured by two different Sears representatives plus one of their supervisors that my cc card had been credited the day of the attempted delivery. I was promised a statement of reimbursement on line.

Nothing. Curiously, they do have my e-mail address as I keep on getting ads from them.DO NOT TRUST SEARS.

I believe that they make a lot of money delivering the wrong items and keeping your money as long as they can. I still don't have mine.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #767012

If you have a Sears card call citibank and ask to speak to their person that deals with grievances to a charge on your card. They are very good that way and although it might take Dix weeks to challenge and rectify you will have the charge removed.

Don't speak to anyone from Sears about it as they will try to deep six your grievance and try to get you to say you did something wrong. Good luck

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #733180

Mikebrady....its all smoke and mirrors....SearsCares just enough to want folks think they care.....proof is in the pudding...and they are failing miserably....keep us posted.

MikeBrady
to LTCC Houston, Texas, United States #733375

Actually it turned out well. I may have thrown a monkey wrench into things by callilng everyone possible to get it done.

As it happens, three different people were working on a resolution! That did cause some confusion when I went to the store as instructed to choose a new fridge. However, the three different people had come up with three very different amounts. After straightening it out, I was given the higher of the three amounts.

On top of that, for my trouble, the manager at the Sears brought the price down on what we chose so we wouldn't have to pay the 400.00 to upgrade.We ended up with a much nicer unit and paid nothing. I promise Sears did not solicit any retraction from me for this comment or my complaint regarding it on this site. I just believe I should praise as loud as I ***ch! I don't like complaining, but Sears did listen this time and I appreciate it!

I also feel bad for the salesman who spent the better part of two hours helping me straighten this out and ended up with no commission because the it was a replacement. And he was very pleasant about it too!

MikeBrady
Houston, Texas, United States #733109

Don't hold your breath on the "Sears Cares Escalation Team" I talked to them two days ago on an issue and was promised a call back and to have contact info and case number sent by email. Guess what? No call, no email,no refrigerator until who knows when.

SearsCares
to MikeBrady Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #733279
Sears Response

MikeBrady,

We are very sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding the delay in contact from your case manager. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation Team. I came across your post and wanted to express our concerns for the mishaps you have experienced with your dryer purchase. It sounds as if we have let you down on just about every level imaginable and would like to offer our assistance. We can truly understand how important it is to have your credit refunded in a timely manner. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Anonymous453979), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.....