On Memorial Day, I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator and stove/oven from Sears. They delivered the appliances yesterday and the refrigerator had no coolant. Of course, I had them take the old one away.

I have just spent 5 hours at the store I purchased from with some company that they use to handle their exchanges/delivery. I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life! First, the refrigerator I purchased was not going to be available for delivery for a week, second, this company was going to make me pay for any price difference in a comparable model, third, even though the model I chose was supposedly available for delivery, they would not schedule the delivery for two days. I had to get the store manager involved on the pricing issue and then called Sears "Customer Solution" dept when I got home and had no luck with them as well. While in the store, I was placed on hold for over 20 minutes on two occasions while they processed this transaction.

Bottom line, Sears Customer Service SUCKS! How do you deliver a refrigerator that doesn't have coolant in it? And, why do you continue to use a company that drives customers away. I, for one, will NEVER set foot in a Sears (or any of their affiliates) again.

Be warned - it's not worth it - go to Lowe's or Best Buy!

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

I too will never be shopping at Sears again. I had a horror story in April with a washing machine that involved me living without one for 6 weeks after my purchase, followed by a cancelled fridge delivery today (a month after purchase) with the offer to deliver it in 2 & 1/2 weeks.

I explained that I am tired of living off non-perishable food at this point and I will not be dealing with them again. The sales rep was able to negotiate a different model and an earlier date for delivery but when I asked if there would be compensation for the inconvenience (ie. waiving the delivery fees, for example) he said "why would we do that?" He then agreed that service is getting bad with lots of companies and he knows that it impacts the customer.

Well, it impacts those of you on the front line too, buddy. I'm not going back.

To Mdchand1,

I am very sorry for the issues you've had with this refrigerator purchase. It sounds like the issue has been resolved but that you are still not satisfied with how the exchange was handled. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to resolve this and any other issue you might have had with Sears. We value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Mdchand1) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Miss Elvira
#302032

Just wanted to point out I have commented on a few complaints about Sears and I agree with you.

#301965

My kenmore side by side refrigerator's doors is rusting and peeling away - both doors --and it is only 6 years old. Customer service, although incredibly--and sickenly--sympathetic, refused to replace the doors at no charge. I'll never buy another thing from Sears - poor quality, bad service

nikalseyn

No one should really bother shopping at Sears. They lost my business at least a decade ago due to sloppy, bad, inept customer service.

If you want good appliances at a very reasonable price, try Lowe's.

They even deliver for free, the next day!

I have purchased a refrigerator, range and a washer/dryer from them. I highly recommend them.