The motor in my ice maker must have shorted out causing a fire. I heard a "pop" and looked in the freezer to find flames were coming out of the ice maker! I ain't got time for dat! Or, money! LOL!
No one really heard of this before, not even the nice folks at the Sears store in Lake City. However, I googled "kenmore ice maker fire" and voila! I found complaints!
The fire damaged the integrity of the freezer, so it's trash. $500 later, I have a new refrigerator w/out ice maker on the way tomorrow.
I have been buying Kenmore/Sears products for over 30 years. Never had a problem (except the MayTag Products were ***).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "Sadly, we are joining the ranks of dissatisfied customers who will likely never purchase another major appliance from Sears. While our story of a repeatedly botched delivery isn’t as..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."