The motor in my ice maker must have shorted out causing a fire. I heard a "pop" and looked in the freezer to find flames were coming out of the ice maker! I ain't got time for dat! Or, money! LOL!
No one really heard of this before, not even the nice folks at the Sears store in Lake City. However, I googled "kenmore ice maker fire" and voila! I found complaints!
The fire damaged the integrity of the freezer, so it's trash. $500 later, I have a new refrigerator w/out ice maker on the way tomorrow.
I have been buying Kenmore/Sears products for over 30 years. Never had a problem (except the MayTag Products were ***).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Sears – SO RudeI wrote a complaint to Sears and sent it to Chairman Edward S. Lampert and CEO Louis J. D'Ambrosio. I didn’t expect a personal reply but I..."
- "On January 12, 2013, I ordered a futon from Olejo.com, through Sears.com's web site - a New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame, SKU#NEW8414. After having it for approximately 60 days,..."
- "My wife and I decided to remodel our kitchen in the fall and winter of 2006-07. She purchased all new stainless steel appliances including a Sears Kenmore Pro double..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."