Sears - Ice Maker Fire

1758 of 3985 Sears reviews

The motor in my ice maker must have shorted out causing a fire. I heard a "pop" and looked in the freezer to find flames were coming out of the ice maker! I ain't got time for dat! Or, money! LOL!

No one really heard of this before, not even the nice folks at the Sears store in Lake City. However, I googled "kenmore ice maker fire" and voila! I found complaints!

The fire damaged the integrity of the freezer, so it's trash. $500 later, I have a new refrigerator w/out ice maker on the way tomorrow.

I have been buying Kenmore/Sears products for over 30 years. Never had a problem (except the MayTag Products were ***).

(See photo).

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
1758 of 3985 Sears reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 26, 2013 #748026

Strange, no sears rep here. I don't understand how they get away with charging for an agreement and then not honoring it. That is illegal. The states should demand they uphold their agreements. Why has no one called the state to look into this?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about
×