The motor in my ice maker must have shorted out causing a fire. I heard a "pop" and looked in the freezer to find flames were coming out of the ice maker! I ain't got time for dat! Or, money! LOL!
No one really heard of this before, not even the nice folks at the Sears store in Lake City. However, I googled "kenmore ice maker fire" and voila! I found complaints!
The fire damaged the integrity of the freezer, so it's trash. $500 later, I have a new refrigerator w/out ice maker on the way tomorrow.
I have been buying Kenmore/Sears products for over 30 years. Never had a problem (except the MayTag Products were ***).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I went to this store to purchase a shower gift only to find the item pictured below. I was then told by Jeff Gieb at the Edgewood Town Center..."
- "Nevermore sears buy products in customer care is abysmal not solve problems, can not change a product purchased in the store if you do not have the bill. Radio is..."
- "Sears is a nightmare company. An example is we had to replace 4 dehumidifiers that lasted 1-2 years. I tried to contact headquarters, but ended up speaking with people in..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."
- "My company had signed up with Thumbtack back in May of 2016... Since then 'till now we have lead our industry with over 134 reviews, have been hired over 450..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."