With Company response Not resolved

Do not shop at Sears. My sister got an e-receipt telling her that she bought something at Sears when she did not.

Can you imagine the horror on her face when she received the email? The sales associate did not bother checking the phone number. The sales associate knows this person who bought the blouse and received the sales discount. The e-recipt said that the person used her ATM card and received cash-back from the purchase.

My sister thought someone was impersonating her.

She should not have received the email in the first place. These people needs to verify who is who if they want phone numbers in the system.

Comments

garfield8

Sears cares contacted me telling me that my sister passed out her phone number Tia complete stranger. No one gives out phone numbers to people they don't know.

Luckily, her bank did not charge her, but it still should not have happen anyway ! Not shopping at Sears anymore since they don't verify who is making the purchase before the customer received the e-receipt

SearsCares
Sears Response

Garfield8, we are sorry for any distress and inconvenience your sister has encountered with the e-receipt she has received. My name is Liz and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we would like to help.

We would like the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact your sister in order to ensure a proper feedback and an end to her frustrations. Please have your sister send the following information-contact#, screen name (garfield8) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you, Liz R. Social Media Moderator Sears Social Media Support