State: Illinois Product: Sears Repair Clear all filters (23 of 505 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Sears - Repair Review from Wenona, Illinois

2.5
I would have to say the Sears service is non existent. Can not rate it poor, because I've been calling for a month. Yes, a month to get my washer at least checked out, let alone repaired! I got the extended warranty/service plan in '13. Was told someone would service yearly. Never happened. Called because the washer stopped working 1/30/16 and every week since. The first call the lady I talked to went through all the diagnostics, said it was the circuit board. I'll order it and sen it to you. We'll call and set up an appointment to install. Part never arrived! Never got a call for repair. Have called every week since for service! Every time I've called I've been assured I will be contacted within 24 hours or the next Tuesday if you happen to call on a Thursday. I'm out $50 so far in laundromat costs. Which I was told would be reimbursed by Josh. Which also said his manager would call me by the end of the day. Two weeks ago! Still waiting for the manager to call. My whole Sears experience would be rated horrible at best. Please contact me Sears! sfulton64@hotmail.com The washer is in Warranty until October!
Warranty issue

Who,how and where can I contact a Sears Company representative directly?

Who and where can I contact a Sears Company representative about a store manager could not resolve my concern(s), to my satisfaction and immediate needs. Specifically: Poor customer service in store by employee and store manager for the purchase of a tool. Item # 00992880000P Model # 81622 --> A.... 18mm Crowfoot wrench that fit a 3/8" Drive tang. I was forced to buy a complete extra set of crows foot wrench set listed below when I only needed the single 18mm crows foot wrench listed above for an immediate need for a much older or elderly friend's car car repair since that car was his only means of transpiration anywhere. 904363 CROWFOOT ST,10PC MET MDSE 1 49.99T I also purchased the below set of crows foot wrenches , a different style,to insure I could get the job done on a Sunday afternoon so he could use the car to go shopping for food.He is a older gentleman at almost 80 years of age and I am still a kid helping the old man out at the age of almost 70 ! The store does not stock individual crow foot items only sets and I had one set I was buying and wanted only the one extra 18mm crows foot in case of a fitment issue so I could insure finishing the job that day. The store nor its manager would go one inch out of their way to allow me to take the one crows foot out of the $50 set, order on my Sears 1975 issued credit card (That tells you how long we have been Sears customers !) the single replace 18mm crows foot and ship it to themselves at, the store or their home, and put it back in the set and put it back on the shelf in the store...... therefore, I was forced to buy both the $50 and $80 crows foot sets, take out the single 18mm crows foot from the $50 crows foot set then hand the $50 set back to the store manager,"Mr. Dan", with ALL the receipts and tell him to hold everything in his store and after I get home after fixing the old mans car,I would order the single 18mm crows foot from the sears online store.Then bring it in in it's unopened packaging so he could open the packaging and see it was unused and put it back into the new but incomplete new crows foot sets I told him to hold until I returned to complete the set for his shelve stock.The receipts he has been holding can be then used to credit me back for the $50 set I did not need to buy because that store did not stock the 18mm crows foot I needed to do that job on that day. Very poor and disgusting lack of customer service and trust displayed towards me in my hour of need turn my stomach! All I told the clerk and the store manager was the reason there are so many dishonest people and thieves in this world is and will continue is because of Your Store that seems to build regulations into the actions and disciplines employees at ALL levels which IF I was a dishonest person, would have just slipped that crows into the other crows foot set package and NEVER said a word about it and walked out the door paying only $80 and not the $50 plus $80 plus another $15 or $145 plus tax on my Sears 1975 issued credit card ! As I left and turned to leave the store with my wife I left the store manager and clerk with their mouths hanging wide open as I stated very loud and clearly....."See what it feels like when I put 100% of MY trust in you but you TWO can not put any trust in me !"..... 942048 10PC CROW,FOOT FL NT METR MDSE 1 79.99T
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Sears poor repair and customer service

I have bought my last ever appliance from Sears and I have wasted my money on their extended warranty. When there is a problem such as what I have now have, a freezer compartment that is not working, they take an inexcusable amount of time to come out for a repair appt. A week and a half is too long for a customer to wait with melting food. This is even after the first appt. was blown off by them. From prior experience I know they will come out look at it and decide to order a part, then we will have to wait another two weeks. Too bad no one at Sears cares. You think if they value repeat customers they would at least hire more and reliable repair people and stress superior customer service.
Reason of review
Poor and slow repairs and bad customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Sears in Chicago, Illinois - Basically I paid $251 for service and schedule 4 appointments where only twice technician showed up. Refrigerator is not repair yet after 5 weeks. Food loos has not been taken care.

I have purchased Kenmore refrigerator in 2011 and that is my biggest mistake, it start giving me some issue in 2014 only 2 year after and again I trusted company going down with unhappy customer and paid $251 to get one year extended warranty. Last Wednesday ( September 10th) technician came out and did absolutely nothing but ask my tenant to monitor temperature and schedule repair appointment if temperature above 40F which I did, last Thursday I made an appointment for today ( Wednesday 17th) and I received conformation call from sears day before but no technician showed up or call until 3 PM. So I called to check status and after talking to non-speaking English and rude sears employee I learned that no technician available to come today and no appointment available until next Wednesday ( September 24th) and that too no guarantee of technician available. I wasted my half day to wait for technician. Technician arrived 24th September on Wednesday and he was the worst as he said he does not trust thermometer which is measuring temperature and yelled me for asking any question. Then I received call from executive office to schedule more expert technician on 10/06 that arrived at wrong address instead of property where refrigerator is. I call customer service and they have yet to schedule any appointment. Basically I paid $251 for service and schedule 4 appointments where only twice technician showed up. I have more than $200 of food loos and wasted my time on call with rude customer service. As per service agreement if Sears cannot repair they should pay me $500 voucher and food loos is part of agreement. I am looking for $500 for replacement and $200 food loss. So far they denied to give me anything instead I received email that they I owe them $40.
Poor customer service
Full refund

Sears Repair Review

Called to have a repair on my washer that is under warranty...my scheduled appointment was going to be a month away. ..waited from 8 to noon no show no call...called sears to ask why and they tell me its going to be another month...absolutely unacceptable customer service. ..i will never spend money at Sears again

Sears in Dixon, Illinois - Faliure to warrantee mower

Had mower motor go bad within the two year warrantee period. Through a rod. I changed the oil, plug, and filter and stored for winter. When I started it up in the spring the mower through a rod. Sears says it had no oil in it. When I took it in, the store manager checked the oil and saw that it was clean and as I said. The mower was under warrantee, yet the repair dept. said it failed because of lubrication. The mower was a low budget model, ($199.00 new) however to repair the mower they wanted $362.00. Never again will I buy from Sears.
Sears Response

Has this issue been resolved for you?

Sears Response

Has this mower issue been resolved for you?

first you might want to spellcheck your complaint next time there are a number of errors that'll make people think twice about taking your complaint seriously. it's "warranty" not "warrantee" and it's "threw a rod" not "through a rod".

your timeline doesn't make sense either.

you say they tell you it failed because of lubrication or rather LACK of lubrication. you say first "sears says it had no oil in it" but then right after you say "when i took it in the store manager checked the oil and saw that it was clean"

so which is it?

did you bring it in and the SM saw the clean oil then magically the oil was gone?

i smell *** with this complaint and i bet you got found out for having no lubrication in the unit then tried putting it in and then coming back another time and talking to the store manager.

engines do throw rods for lack of lubrication there's just no way otherwise it would have.

so next time take better proper care of your equipment and stop putting the blame on sears. i've dealt with them with my own tool issues and been taken care of and when i had a mower issue i took it to them to have them tell me why it wasn't covered under warranty due to the fact it was stored with gas in it during the winter which gas goes BAD and screws up the carb which is NOT covered under any warranty.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Chicago, Illinois - Vacuum scam

I brought my canister vacuum to the Schaumburg Il. repair center after seeing a You Tube video with the exact issue we were experiencing. The video showed how to replace a switch to solve the problem but since I am recuperating I bought it in. Received a call a week later saying I need several new parts including a new wheel and wand for a total of $225. I told the rep that this 5 year old vacuum only had one issue (beater bar going on and off) and the video described how to fix it with a $20 part. He said he will ask the technician to look at it again with that information and I will receive a call back within 24 to 48 hours. That was 8 days ago. I emailed Sears 3 days ago with no resonse.

Dear Peterpar,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like to apologize for the manner in which your vacuum cleaner repair has been handled thus far. Our repair costs are not calculated by time on a job, but are based on pre-set job code amounts. Nevertheless, we can understand how this situation would be concerning for you, and we’d like the chance to look into this more. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Peterpar), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.

@Sears Response

So now it is two weeks since my last call from Sears when I was told someone would be back to me within 24 t0 48 hours. To add injury to insult, I responded immediately to Brian at the "Social Media Team" and have received to response.

Sears has a huge customer relations problem as well as an ineffective repair center.

I used to rely on Kenmore products but I have lost all trust in them. My goal today is to send a letter to Sears Corporate.

@peterpar

Apparently the Sears Social Media Dept. ( see above response) is a ploy on the companies part to act as if they wish to resolve issues.

I responded to the reply above on Aug 27 and have sent two follow up emails and have heard NOTHING. I was at a party and was telling some friends my experience and apparently this is not uncommon.Brought my vacuum in for a basic

repair on August 13, received a call on August 16 indicating they would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours.

That was 19 days ago and I have heard nothing from the repair dept or the Social Media Group!! Tomorrow it is Better Business Bureau day for me.

@Sears Response

Dear peterpar,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I am a colleague of Brian's who posted to your original comment on this site. In researching your case, I see that your Case Manager, Debra, attempted to call you on 8/29/13 but there was no answer and no voice mail to leave a message for you. She next sent an email to you giving you her contact information so you could call her back regarding your vacuum issue. We care very much about your vacuum repair issue and would like to offer Debra's assistance to help resolve it. If there is a better telephone number to reach you, please email that number to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. I'm not able to provide Debra's contact information on this public forum but I will forward your post to her and ask that she attempt to reach you by phone again and to send another email to attempt to reach you. If her email is not in your email inbox, please check your spam or other folder. Thank you for reaching out again on Pissed Consumer and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Susan R.

Sears Social Media Support

View more comments (3)

Sears in Elgin, Illinois - Repair dept. loses my vacuum cleaner

Been buying vacuum cleaners there for years. We always buy the insurance. Last year needed a repair, drove up to springhill mall dropped it off 2 weeks later went to pick it up and they never fixed it, had to wait 2 more weeks. Luckily I have a bad spare considering I have to shedding dogs. 8-8-13 motor started sounding funny took up to repair drop off, called on 8-20-13 to find out what is taking so long, said they would get back to me in 24 hours because they cant find it in their store or at the repair place!!!!! E-mailed them on 8-19-13 also because I was on hold for 20 minutes. My reply was someone would be contacting me in 24 hours!!!!! So it is now 8-23-13 no call, no vacuum. We are done, done, done. This isnt the only issue we have had there. People dont want to wait on you, you can never call and get through to who you need to talk to. Pissed and done.

Dear Anonymous442559,

Thank you for making us aware of your recent experience regarding the service delays for your vacuum cleaner. We certainly understand how frustrating it is to be without your vacuum and to have to make a second trip to the store only to find out that it hadn't been repaired. In addition, waiting 20 minutes on the phone for an Associate to help you is not the type of customer service we want our customer's to receive. We expect all of our retail associates to build customer relationships and it does not seem this happened. We would like to speak to you concerning your past experience and go over the options we have to turn this into a positive one. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the vacuum was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous442559) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Sears Social Media Support

Sears Service Stall

We purchased all our kitchen appliances from Sears less than 6 months ago. The dishwasher stopped working so we called Sears service for a warranty repair. They scheduled us over a week away during the holidays. They said they would be at our house between 8 AM and noon. At 10 AM on the day they were to arrive they called and said they wouldn't be there and added another week before they could come. When we told them that was unsatisfactory and asked to speak to a manager they hung up. We have not had a dishwasher since before thanksgiving and still do not on December 6th. The woman who called stated that because it was a warranty repair we would need to wait. I am through buying anything from Sears.
ambitious1535

When you say warranty repair do you mean a repair under a service agreement or the manufacturer? Also did they say a Sears technician would be sent out or a contractor like A&E Factory Services?

A big problem with Sears and their service departments is that even with a service agreement alot of service managers want you to go through the manufacturer first. In the past Sears Service would cover the repair themselves sometimes getting reimbursed from the manufacturer after the fact. But Sears being so cheap with it's vendors now has many agreements that the vendor/supplier will not reimburse Sears after the fact.

When dealing with Sears service always get dates, times, employees & numbers and service request/ticket numbers. Also be aware many service companies wind up closing or cancelling your service request so they don't get gigged for a missed appointment or overtime from the higher ups.

Anonymous1938

Please accept our apologies for the experience you have encountered with the repair of your dishwasher. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post and wanted to offer our assistance. I can truly understand how important it is to have your dishwasher repaired in a timely manner. Even more, I can see how frustrating it is to have your repair rescheduled and the level of customer service you have received when you contacted us. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous1938) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

All Sears Contacts

Sears Reviews

Sears reviews

Sears in Joliet, Illinois - Failed to repair microwave per schedule

Service was to come between 08:00 and noon window on thursday. At 08:00 AM Thursday a message on answering machine stated that we were first stop and they are on the way to our house. At 11:30 no one had come or called. I called to inquire: girl asked- no one came yet. She then tried to get a sale in to me and she was not interested in my call and my issue. I told her that I want service on the warranty on this piece of garbage that is less than two years old. She transfered me to Latonna and she made excuses for Sears staffing and said she would get me a 1:00 to 5:00 window that afternoon. I wasted the morning because of incompetent scheduling or lack of employees. I am now waiting for the Friday morning 08:00 to noon and hope they send someone that gives a *** and provide customer service. It would be wonderful if Sears would hire a few of the 9% unemployed.