1.4

At the end of December we went to our local Sears store to purchase a dishwasher. I had done my homework and knew exactly what I wanted.

First of all, the Boxing Day sales were in effect. There was 1 sales person on duty on a Saturday, trying to service several customers. We waited patiently while she attended to a couple who were considering a series of appliances. The other customers ahead of us left out of frustration.

We took the sales person right to the appliance we wanted. She wrote it up and after advising us of the delivery fee we opted to pick it up ourselves. She advised we could pick it up the following Wednesday. No other information was given.

At the time of the sale we also opted to purchase the 5 year extended warranty. The sales person advised us that if we didn't use the warranty, once it expired we would contact Sears and they would send us a coupon for the amount of the warranty ($247) to be used to purchase anything in the store. Once we returned home and read the brochure we found out we have to spend 2X the amount of the coupon ($500) in order to take advantage of the refund. THIS WAS NOT TOLD TO US AT THE TIME OF THE SALE!

My husband went to Sears the following Wednesday to pick up the dishwasher at 11:30 a.m. "Sorry Sir, the time available for pickup on a Wednesday is after 4:30 p.m.

I'll bet the sales clerk did not tell you." Indeed she did not so we had to make another trip back to the store the following day. I will be contacting the store manager with my complaints once I can locate who to speak to.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Coupon.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Product.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments